Blog | nick cannon
- Posted on 03/05/2014 by baileyb2112
On last week's episode of TeenNick Top 10, Lorde's team of #1 fans voted her to the top of the countdown with her video for "Team," knocking Ellie Goulding off of her throne. Plus, the heartthrobs of One Direction managed to climb their way to the #2 spot with their video for "Story of My Life."
Here's the full countdown from Friday, 2/28/14:
1. Lorde, "Team"
2. One Direction, "Story of My Life"
3. Ellie Goulding, "Burn"
4. John Newman, "Love Me Again"
5. Jason DeRulo feat. 2 Chainz, "Talk Dirty"
6. Avicii, "Hey Brother"
7. Austin Mahone feat. Pitbull, "Mmm Yeah"
8. Lea Michele, "Cannonball"
9. A Great Big World feat. Christina Aguilera, "Say Something"
Want to make sure you see all of your favorite videos on next week's countdown? Vote NOW for Friday's episode right here! Then, tune in Friday to learn which videos made the cut, and stick around for some very special guests: Hot Chelle Rae! Can't wait until Friday? Here are some facts you might not have known about this sizzling pop group:
Don't miss this group of Nashville boys on this Friday's episode of TeenNick Top 10! But until then, check out all of the songs in the running for this week's countdown, including all of the new nominees, on TeenNick Top 10's Spotify playlist below!
Will Lorde continue to reign over the countdown next week, or will another superstar take her place? VOTE, give us your best predictions in the comments below, and tune in Friday at 10pm ET to find out!
- Posted on 02/26/2014 by baileyb2112
Last week, Ellie Goulding started off Season 3 of TeenNick Top 10, setting fire to the countdown with her sizzling video for "Burn." Plus, 17-year-old superstar Lorde (best known for her mega-hit "Royals") climbed to the #2 spot with her video for "Team."
Here's the full countdown from Friday, 2/14/14:
1. Ellie Goulding, "Burn"
2. Lorde, "Team"
3. One Direction, "Story of My Life"
4. Passenger, "Let Her Go"
5. Sara Bareilles, "Brave"
6. A Great Big World feat. Christina Aguilera, "Say Something"
7. Beyonce, "XO"
8. Pharrell Williams, "Happy"
9. Austin Mahone feat. Pitbull, "Mmm Yeah"
10. Jake Miller, "Collide"
If you want to make sure the videos you love have a place on this week's countdown, vote right here! This is an episode you don't want to miss because we've got a group of very special guests: LITTLE MIX! This girl group has blown up over the last few years, and we can't wait to see where they go next.
We know you can't wait to see these super special guests on Friday's episode! But until then, check out all of the songs in the running for this week's countdown (including all of the new nominees) on TeenNick Top 10's Spotify playlist below!
Will Ellie Goulding be able to hold on to that top spot, or will someone else knock her off of her throne? It's up to you! VOTE VOTE VOTE, then give us your best predictions in the comments, and find out during this Friday's episode!
- Posted on 02/19/2014 by baileyb2112
It's the moment you've all been waiting for...TeenNick Top 10 is back! Your favorite music video countdown returns THIS FRIDAY at 10pm ET with new songs, new stars and new special guests.
This week, Nick Cannon will welcome one countdown favorite into TeenNick Headquarters. They're fierce, they're talented, there's five of them. Are you all ready for a little Fifth Harmony lovin'?! This power girl group made it big in 2013 (they were a TeenNick Top 10 Fresh Artist, after all), and we can't wait to see what 2014 brings for them!
Until then, you can help all of your favorite videos make it onto the countdown this week. Vote NOW for Friday's episode right here!
As always, don't forget to check out all of the songs in the running, including this week's new nominees, on TeenNick Top 10's Spotify playlist! Who will be crowned the king or queen of this week's countdown? Leave your best predictions in the comments and tune in this Friday at 10pm ET to find out!
- Posted on 12/27/2013 by Rachel1016
The Countdown to the New Year is ON! We're closing out 2013 by taking a look back at all of the amazing things that happened this year, and whether you've got big plans or are looking forward to a low-key hangout with your BBFs (furry and otherwise), we've got a few tips for making this New Year's one to remember!
And don't forget to join us for TeenNick Top 10's New Years Eve Countdown! Starting at 11pm ET on Tuesday, December 31st, special guests Echosmith and 4Count will join our Master of Ceremonies Mr. Nick Cannon for a night of music, memories, and FUN!
1.Decorate! New Year's Eve is one of the only acceptable holidays where using sparkles, glitter, and confetti in excess is allowed. String up the streamers, throw some confetti around, and blow up the balloons � the more color, the better!
2.Pile on NYE swag! What other time of year can you wear glasses, top hats, and chain necklaces with giant numbers on them? Yes, New Year's accessories are ridiculous and over the top, but if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
3. Make some noise! The louder, the better � it's time to celebrate! Grab those noisemakers, horns, hand clappers, whistles, blowouts, and party poppers and start 2014 on a loud note!
4. Dress up! Look, we love sweatpants as much as the next couch potato, but it's New Year's Eve. Why not slip on some fancy shoes, wear that nice crisp shirt, or sprinkle yourself in fun jewelry?! Or, if you're looking for something even subtler, swipe a little glitter on your face or mix it in with your nail polish or lip-gloss. Whether you're going out to a full-blown fancy party or ringing in the New Year from the comfort of your couch, those little additions will totally help put you in the spirit.
5. Dance! Whether you're a twerker, a mosher, or a sidestep shuffler, it's one of the best days of the year to dance like no one's watching! Play DJ and pick your favorite songs from the year OR have your friends each pick five songs and create an uber playlist that all will enjoy!
6. Chow down! Have some of your friends bring their favorite small dish to share. Crowd-pleasing thought starters include chips and dip, pigs in a blanket, or puppy chow! Not only will you spend less time prepping for the party but you'll be sure to have a great sampling of appetizers to keep everyone satisfied throughout the night.
7. Game on! Let's face it; everyone's got a little competitive spirit in them. Dust off those board games from the closet or show off your Dance Dance Revolution skills. Either way, your night is bound to end in laughs. It's a win-win!
8. Traditions for life! Did you know the Spaniards have a New Years Eve tradition of eating 12 grapes (one for every chime of the clock) at midnight? Or did you know that in Mexico, it' is tradition to write down a list of the bad events over the past 12 months and then throw it into a fire to help remove any negative energy at the start of 2014? Why not partake in some worldly traditions or make a new one up with your friends!
9. Capture the moment…and save it for the next day! Posting photos is so second nature now that sometimes we forget to actually live in the moment and enjoy it. When you're snapping pics, remember to put the phone down once in a while and enjoy your company. Post them the next day when people are more likely to see them�and when you can take your time choosing cool filters and writing funny captions.
10. Show the love! You know it's coming so there is no excuse to not be properly prepared when that midnight kiss comes along. Pop a mint, brush your teeth, apply that Chap Stick, do whatever you need to ensure that the first kiss (or hug with your BFF) of 2014 will be the best!
- Posted on 12/18/2013 by baileyb2112
You guys showed Katy Perry some unconditional love on last Friday's episode of TeenNick Top 10, helping her steal the #1 spot from Selena with her video for "Unconditionally!" Plus, countdown favorites Imagine Dragons climbed to #2 with their video for "Demons," leaving Selena to settle for the bronze.
You're not going to want to miss this week's all new episode, because you're in for a VERY special treat! The iconic trio of brothers known as HANSON will be gracing us with their presence at TeenNick headquarters, mmmbopping all the way. This will be the last episode of 2013 before TeenNick Top 10 takes a break for the holidays, so make sure to tune in! We'll see you in the New Year!
Here's last week's full countdown:
1. Katy Perry "Unconditionally"
2. Imagine Dragons "Demons"
3. Selena Gomez "Slow Down"
4. Zedd f/ Hayley Williams "Stay the Night"
5. Ariana Grande f/ Big Sean "Right There"
6. One Direction "Story Of My Life"
7. One Republic "Counting Stars"
8. Wonder Broz "What They Call That"
9. Jason Derulo "Marry Me"
10. A Great Big World "Say Something"
If you want to see all of your favorite artists on the countdown this Friday, vote NOW for this week's episode right here! As always, don't forget to check out all of the songs in the running, including this week's new nominees, on TeenNick Top 10's Spotify playlist! Take a break from all that Christmas music and rock out to these jams instead!
Can Katy Perry hold on to that lead, or will your votes crown a new champion? Find out the results on TeenNick Top 10 this Friday at 10 PM ET. Until then, let us know what you thought of Friday's countdown in the comments!
- Posted on 12/04/2013 by baileyb2112
On the last episode of TeenNick Top 10, we featured a very special HALO Awards-themed music video countdown. Each video represented all of the amazing artists who have taken part in the HALO movement! Austin Mahone, Fall Out Boy, Taylor Swift, and of course, Mr. Chairman Nick Cannon himself helped us celebrate all those who Help And Lead Others.
This week, YOUR votes determine the countdown! Will Miley Cyrus' video for "Wrecking Ball" came in at #1 again? Will Newcomers Wonder Broz and Travie McCoy make their way to the top of the countdown? It's up to you!
Catch an all-new episode and a fresh countdown this Friday, featuring a VERY special guest-- Avril Lavigne! There's nothing complicated about this...you don't want to miss it!
- Miley Cyrus, "Wrecking Ball"
- Lady Gaga, "Applause"
- Avicii f/ Aloe Blacc, "Wake Me Up"
- Selena Gomez, "Slow Down"
- Nick Cannon, "Me Sexy"
- Imagine Dragons, "Demons"
- Ariana Grande f/ Big Sean, "Right There"
- Icona Pop, "All Night"
- Wonder Broz, "What They Call That"
- Travie McCoy f/ Jason Mraz, "Rough Water"
If you want to see your favorite videos make the next countdown, vote NOW for this week's episode right here!
As always, don't forget to check out all of the songs in the running, including this week's new nominees, on TeenNick Top 10's Spotify playlist! Jam out to this awesome mix!
Will Queen Miley hold on to her place at the top, or will another artist push her out of the #1 spot? You decide! Find out the results on TeenNick Top 10 this Friday at 10 PM ET.
- Posted on 11/15/2013 by Chris McPherson
HALO honorees are pros at rallying their peers together and giving back to great causes. Check out some helpful tips they shared on how you can HALO!
MIRANDA FUENTES: AUTISM ADVOCACY
1. Getting involved in Surfers For Autism is easy. Visit our website, find an event near you, and follow registration instructions. Bring your suit and a smile. See you at the beach!
2. If you want to volunteer with children and young adults with special needs, but do not live near a Surfers For Autism location, search for the nearest Special Olympics chapter. I have worked with special Olympics, it is an amazing organization!
3. Educate yourself! Find out about autism. There are many stigmas with the disorder, but education and awareness are extremely important and can benefit in your volunteer work.
4. Educate others: Did you know that 1 out of 88 children has Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)? Or that boys are five times more likely to have ASD than girls? Autism is the fastest growing developmental disability in the US, and there is no medical detection or/cure for the disorder.
ZACHARY KERR: LGBT ADVOCACY
1. It's okay to not always understand how people identify themselves, but you should always be kind and respectful of a person's identity.
2. Try to use words and terms that don't single out one specific type of person or gender. Make your language inclusive.
3. Always love and accept your friends for who they are.
4. If you don't know something, it is always okay to ask or try to find out on your own. Your LGBT friends will appreciate the effort you put into trying to educate yourself.
5. Speak up if you hear people saying unkind things about LGBT people. Making your voice heard will let an LGBT person who may not be out know that you're an ally and someone they can go to.
ROCIO ORTEGA: WOMEN'S EMPOWERMENT
1. My secret to overcoming stage fright is always having the mindset that you are the most awesome person in the world. And let's be honest, you are!
2. The key to finding your voice takes two steps: 1) Find the issues you're passionate about and 2) Accept your social responsibility to make the change you want to see happen.
3. Feminists aren't just women and girls, men and boys can also be feminists, too! They are our allies in achieving gender equality. Let's work together!
4. Do a quick online research of the terms "feminist" or "female empowerment" and you'll be surprised at how much you can learn!
5. Female empowerment comes in many forms, so combine different passions!
DENZEL THOMPSON: URBAN ORGANIC FARMING
1. Before you begin planting, the one thing you need to make sure you have is compost!
2. To start compost, all you need are food scraps, such as different vegetables, fruits, and egg shells. Put all those scraps on a pile of wood chips to help it contain the smell and then wood chips on top of the scraps to make them break down faster. As long as you flip and turn the pile, the process speeds up in a matter of 3 or 4 months, and you will have all-organic soil.
3. Plant different plants together so they can benefit from each other. If you plant tomatoes with basil, they will grow like trees and bushes.
4. Growing all year will be tricky, but I've got tips for that as well! Before the frost starts, it's great to switch out crops. There are fall crops, winter crops and summer crops. During the winter, you can also cover all your crops with plastic and/or fabric. It's like making little miniature hoop houses to keep your crops safe from frost.
- Posted on 11/14/2013 by baileyb2112
On last Friday's episode of TeenNick Top 10, Avicii pushed Lady Gaga out of the top spot with his song "Wake Me Up," featuring Aloe Blacc. But, the countdown still featured a dose of girl power as Miley Cyrus held on to the #2 spot with her smash hit, "Wrecking Ball," Lady Gaga's "Applause" took the the third spot, and Katy Perry "Roar"-ed into fourth place!
Don't miss a new countdown of fresh artists on this week's episode of TeenNick Top 10, welcoming special guests The Fray!! They'll melt your heart!
1. Avicii f/ Aloe Blacc, "Wake Me Up"2. Wrecking Ball, "Miley Cyrus"3. Lady Gaga, "Applause"4. Katy Perry, "Roar"5. Selena Gomez, "Slow Down"6. Paramore, "Still Into You"7. Nick Cannon, "Me Sexy"8. 4Count, "She Aint You"9. Imagine Dragons, "Demons"10. Icona Pop, "All Night"
Want to see your favorite artists make the countdown this Friday? Vote NOW for this week's episode right here!
As always, don't forget to check out all of the songs in the running, including this week's new nominees, on TeenNick Top 10's Spotify playlist! It's the perfect mix to jam to!
Can Avicii stay at number one, or will your votes decide a new winner? Find out on TeenNick Top 10 this Friday at 10 PM ET. Until then, tell us what you thought of Friday's countdown in the comments!
- Posted on 10/31/2013 by baileyb2112
Lady Gaga deserves a round of applause after her video's winning performance on last week's TeenNick Top 10! Her video for "Applause" moved into the #1 spot, while Miley Cyrus wrecked it with "Wrecking Ball" at #2! OK, that's enough of the bad puns...
1. Lady Gaga � Applause2. Miley Cyrus � Wrecking Ball3. Katy Perry � Roar4. Avicii f/ Aloe Blacc � Wake Me Up5. Selena Gomez � Slow Down6. Paramore � Still Into You7. Taylor Swift f/ Ed Sheeran � Everything Has Changed8. 4Count � She Aint You9. Nick Cannon � Me Sexy10. Icona Pop � All Night
Want to make sure your favorite videos land a spot on the next countdown? Vote NOW for this week's episode right here!
As always, don't forget to check out all of the songs in the running, including this week's new nominees, on TeenNick Top 10's Spotify playlist! It's the perfect mix to jam out to!
Will Lady Gaga keep her title as queen of the countdown or will another worthy competitor knock her off her thrown? Find out on TeenNick Top 10 this Friday at 10 PM ET. Until then, tell us what you thought of Friday's countdown in the comments!
- Posted on 10/23/2013 by baileyb2112
We know you've been waiting, but we have good news...TeenNick Top 10 is BACK! The new episode will feature all the music videos you love, a few new and exciting nominees!
Who will you vote to the top this week? Will it be an old favorite, or will a new star steal the show? This week, you can show TNT 10 superstar Selena Gomez some love for her new video for "Slow Down," give Lady Gaga your loudest "Applause" or try to vote Degrassi's own Drake straight to the top for his video "Hold On We're Going Home"!
As always, if you want to see the any of the videos you love climb to the top of the countdown, vote NOW for this week's episode right here!
And don't forget to rock out to all of the songs in the running, including this week's new nominees, on TeenNick Top 10's Spotify playlist! Don't miss these jams!
Which of these stellar videos will take the top spot this week? The choice is yours! Find out on TeenNick Top 10 this Friday at 10 PM ET. Until then, tell us what you think of this week's nominees in the comments below!