Blog | owen
- Posted on 04/12/2013 by Lisa
Degrassi's on hiatus, but we couldn't let you go Degrassi-less, so we asked our Facebook fans to vote for their "favorite Degrassi freakout." The winner, by a long shot? Eli's on-stage breakdown during opening night of Love Roulette, as seen in "Extraordinary Machine." Watch the full episode online!
A few pictorial highlights from the episode:
Fiona is skeptical of Eli's last minute changes to the script.
Imogen wants Clare out of the picture.
Eli has the breakdown that was voted "Fan Favorite." :)
Owen shows off his pool skills.
Anya takes cocaine and bonds with a toilet.
Watch this week's Fan Favorite episode Extraordinary Machine online now, and if you haven't already, be sure to like TeenNick and Degrassi on Facebook. We'll post a new "Fan Favorite" poll next week, and we want your votes!
- Posted on 12/23/2011 by Lisa
We wrapped Owen up as a holiday gift for you. Doesn't he look the huggable-est in all that football padding?
When Owen first showed up on Degrassi, I didn't like him at all. (Homophobia = not cute.) Lately, though, he's growing on me. Maybe his feelings for Anya sort of forced him to grow up a little? I'm curious what he'll be like without her around.
- Posted on 12/18/2011 by Lisa
Tristan, a new Degrassi niner, is Owen's little brother. Does this sneak peek pic show a little brotherly bonding?
If I went to Degrassi, I'd want to borrow Tristan's sweatshirt. I love that color.
Are you looking forward to seeing Owen interact with his little brother as much as I am?
- Posted on 12/13/2011 by Lisa
Here's another sneak peek pic from the new season!
Drew's shirt matches the ribbon -- it's almost like he knew we'd turn this photo into a holiday gift for you.
What do you think is going on in the picture?
p.s. Don't forget... we're showing the 'Tis the Season to Degrassi marathon every night this week, starting at 9pm et!
- Posted on 07/22/2011 by Mary
DREW AND BIANCA: It took some pretty extraordinary circumstances to do them in, but now it appears that Drianca are over. I talked to Luke Bilyk and Alicia Josipovic about the break-up, and they were as bummed as some of you guys out there about it:
Alicia: We were SO UPSET.
Luke: After we did that scene, we were like, "So, Stefan. We're getting back together, right?"... It was really rude of Drew to do that, especially after all that Bianca's done for Drew.
What do you think... was Drew rude? And do you think they'll get back together?
KC AND JENNA: So, Jenna's stuck in a pile of poo-protectors while KC gets to go to school -- and now a job -- with friends. How do you think things will go for them long term? Will Kenna figure it out and stay together until baby Tyson is old and gray?
ANYA AND OWEN: After a rough week, Anya is going for a sure thing. Do you think the fact that Owen is so into her will be good for her self-esteem? Or will he find some way to make things even worse?
ANNND CAKE. The mighty mighty Lumberjake has ambled into our lives, eaten Mrs. Edwards' food, and kissed Clare just to shut her up. Do you think he really is as "low drama" as he seems?
NEXT WEEK: We meet Imogen! And Katie! Plus some Ziley story, and two of my favorite eps from all of Now or Never.
And don't forget -- the Degrassi mobile game has already had its first update (and I officially suck at Degrassi skee ball... but I'm really good at making Eli like me.) It's only $0.99 in the app store at iTunes - just search for Degrassi.
- Posted on 07/21/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "IDIOTEQUE" YET...
So, starting off with some of your reactions to the Ownya hook-up from last night:
"I personallly think Owen is kind of hot, but he is such a pig. So this can go many ways." - TEENTITAN6
"I actually like Owen. I mean he seems like a nice guy, but he puts all his nasty on the outside." - AIYA222
That's actually a really good way to put it Aiya222 -- and it's probably true of all bullies, mean girls, etc.. They "put their nasty on the outside" to protect their vulnerable spots on the inside. But... I still can't stomach the fact that he threw Zane in a dumpster, threw Adam through a glass door, and probably defaced Riley's locker. Until he owns up to the wrongness of that stuff, he's on my bad side -- tender wounded inner child or no.
Mostly, I'm really feeling for Anya in this whole situation. Your best friends are basically gossiping about you, you make a stupid facebook (sorry; facerange) move because you're too flustered to think, you're still reeling from having no post-high school destination and rejection from a great guy, and your consolation prize guy utters such sweet nothings as: "You're not too good for me, Anya." Yowwwch. Crappy sitch for Anya all around.
Speaking of crappy sitches: My Bianca sympathy meter went through the ROOF on this ep. Of course, I still don't forget what she did to Adam either. But I think her wounded inner child is on full display. When Drew dumped her... oh my God! You could see her struggling to keep a brave face and being so eerily good at it... like it's a skill she's perfected.
And so sad that Drew thought this would mean a fresh start. That didn't seem to turn out so well.
Actually, question: Do you blame Bianca for what happened to Drew?
Drew lying in the snow post-attack on Degrassi
- Posted on 07/20/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED YET.
It's Anya's party and she'll hook up with Owen if she wants to.
ANYA! What? Why? Him? Really? Are you sure? You can't be sure. You're not sure. Right? You're just reeling from Dr. Chris. (Yet another Degrassi love lost to Africa! Forsooth!)
How do you guys think Anya will be feeling about this tomorrow? How do YOU feel about it right now?
Also: I love both Fiona and Holly J, but I felt so bad for Connor when they were giggling about him at Anya's party. I just want him to be happy... and to stop openly staring at girls' boobs.
And what do you think of KC's new job? What percent do you think he's doing it for Jenna and baby Ty, and what percent for himself and freedom?
- Posted on 04/08/2011 by Mary
THERE ARE SPOILERS YONDER, 'NEATH FIONA'S FACE, but fear not, for you can watch all of Degrassi: In Too Deep - Chasing Pavements, pt. 2 online in HD right now by clicking on those words there. When yr done, let's talk:
Fiona on Degrassi: In Too Deep, Chasing Pavements pt. 2
1) Alli: "I don't know, how do you trick kids into studying?" Simpson: "You don't trick them! You just hope they're going to do it on their own accord. You always hope...." Haha poor Mr. Simpson. What are your true motivations for doing well in school? Your own personal growth? Not getting in trouble? Getting free tokens at Chuck E Cheese?
2) I know a lot of us were pulling for Fadam because, like @rediwings32 tweeted to us @teennick:
"I so want Adam to get the girl. He deserves it and Fiona deserves someone who will make her happy and treat her right."
I was totally with you on that, rediwings32. But now that we know what Fiona really wants is to be with a girl... I think things have turned out for the best. Adam wants someone who will like him not for "being stuck in a girl's body", but for being the funny, sensitive, loyal, and understanding guy that he is. He's really only begun the process of transitioning from F to M... and I have a lot of hope that someday, he'll find a girl who loves him for who he really is -- a guy. What do you guys think of how things turned out this week?
Also, because I know there's some confusion out there (I saw some in the comments last week): Adam doesn't want a lesbian girlfriend (like Fiona), because Adam isn't a lesbian -- he's a guy. A straight guy. If he were gay, he'd be into other guys (as some transgender guys are). He was born in a girl's body, but that body feels, at the core of his being, completely wrong for him. So Adam is now living and will continue to live as a guy, and he wants to date a girl who's into guys, because that's what his gender identity is. He's a he.
3) Alli and Bianca giving each other a pound rather than a pounding... did you ever think you'd see the day?
4) OWEN! God! When Anya was lamenting to Chantay that maybe she was carrying a grudge about the way Owen treated Riley and Zane, all I could think was, "Uh... that's a valid grudge." I mean, he's never apologized for it and it offends Anya (and me) (not to mention offending and injuring Zane) (AND not to mention what he did to Adam) so... seems like a valid thing to hold against someone IMO!
So I guess I wasn't that surprised to see that Owen did not indeed "get it" that touching girls in a super-familiar way without their permission is gross, wrong, and gross. And wrong. Here's something I saw in the comments of last week's Degrassi Breakdown, from KayKay[:
"I had a similar yet more intense situation as Anya in 8th grade; I was too ashamed to tell my parents, much less any teacher. I got over it, but to this day, it's still something that haunts me. Girls who get sexually harassed shouldn't tolerate it, they should be straight up with the guy, and if he doesn't stop, then the girl should definitely tell a parent or teacher.We can't let creeps like them get away with it."
5) "OK, why are there only two options for girls: either she likes you, or she's a bitch." - Anya MacPherson. YEAH ANYA! TELL HIM! How can someone -- girl or guy -- be like "I'm into you" and then if they're not interested be like, "Get over yourself"? I guess hurt feelings make people say nonsensical things sometimes.
- Posted on 04/01/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW THIS PICTURE! DON'T GET SPOILED! You can watch the full Catching Pavements, Pt. 1 episode here, and then let's process.
Fiona at Bobby's trial on Degrassi
1) If you were Fiona... would you have taken the $100,000 or insisted on going to trial?
2) Oh and how about when Fiona dropped a big fat kiss right on Holly J! Well, hello there, Fiona Coyne! What was your reaction?
3) So, about Owen: I know some of you think he's hot, but this whole episode he just made me go ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew. I GUESS, if I'm being charitable... I mean like REALLY charitable... I can see how, in Owen's head, maybe he thought he was just "flirting" with Anya. Though, I think his idea of flirting is really messed up. (Touching someone's arms like that when you're not dating? Just... no. And making comments about wanting to be the CPR dummy? It's highly aggravating to me that a girl who's trying to get an education has to have every little thing she does sexualized.) ANYWAY. I found this handy dandy explanation of the differences between flirting and harassment. In it, we see that in cases of sexual harassment, "The contact was not invited or accepted." Of course, I also imagine that there are plenty of Owens out there who are not the most skilled at recognizing when someone is or isn't "inviting" them to flirt. So here's a really good tip from that website: "If somebody flirts and it is unwanted, ask him or her to stop. If they don't stop, it is considered harassment." Your school might have its own policy that goes into more detail, too. It's probably in your handbook.
4) Who here has dealt with "unwanted flirting" at school? What happened, and how uncomfortable did it make you feel? Did you tell them to stop or -- like Anya -- did you feel too embarrassed to say anything?
5) It looks like Anya did learn how to be honest about how she felt though... that was kind of impressive when she calmly (rather than deliberately cruelly) told Owen, "I don't like you like that, and I probably never will." Clearly it was an uncomfortable conversation, but now they both know exactly what's up. Have you ever had an honest conversation with someone about a one-way crush?
6) Alli and the Standardized Math Test -- eek, pressure's on Alli again, I guess! How much does your school freak out about the state assessment tests?
- Posted on 12/25/2010 by Mary
We at TeenNick wish you Happy Holidays, Happy New Year and Happily Ever After Your Whole Life Long!
And, good news! We picked your names out of the Secret Santa hat, so here's your prezzie... a new Degrassi poster! It looks like this:
This way you can print those out and put 'em together to make your very own Deg-oration. Oh my God, I just said Deg-oration, clearly I need to stop working and go to Australia. Have a GREAT holiday, enjoy your winter break, I hope it snows only exactly as much as you want it to, and I hope all of your wishes come true forever. Unless you make bad wishes.
Enjoy your new poster!