Blog | riley
- Posted on 09/01/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS FOR THE LATENIKS. DON'T READ UNTIL YOU'VE DONE YOUR DEGRASSI DUTY AND WATHCHED THE FINALE. NO SERIOUSLY. GO AWAY.
SO! That happened!
Uhhhh, where to begin?
1) How much did it hurt your heart to hear Adam crying out in pain like that? How are you holding up? Let's process our emotions together.
2) Riley and Zane? Totally getting back together in college. Amiright?
3) Bianca? With the Drew and the phone and the shaking? OmGGGG. That was one for the ages. Alicia can act her li'l BUTT off.
4) I'm just gonna come out and say it. What do you think the future prognosis is for Drew and Katie vs. Drew and Bianca?
5) I'm just gonna come out and say it again. E-Clare? Not done yet? Tender moment? Which Eli didn't even mess up his handling of? Sparkles?
6) Not to mention uh, I don't know if you happened to see this teaser for what's coming this fall but uh..........
- Posted on 07/28/2011 by Lisa
Don't read any further unless you've already seen "Dirt Off Your Shoulder, Pt. 2."
I sometimes take notes as I watch Degrassi to keep track of the things I want to write about, and the main note from tonight's ep (aside from a few things about Eli and Imogen) was the word ZILEY written in giant letters. Giant sad letters.
I can't bring myself to rewatch that scene at the Dot. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. Ziley (or Rane, whatever you want to call them) are one of my all-time favorite Degrassi couples. I'm still using the present tense, because I'm not ready to accept that they're over. ...and now I'm tearing up as I type. Seriously. I'm a sad little blogger tonight, so instead of writing a thoughtful post about the whole episode, I'm going to post a bunch of pictures of Ziley in happier times.
Zane (aww, look at his messy hair) and Riley.
Ziley makes me sigh-ly.
Zane and Riley in suits... because they *suit* each other.
Think they'll ever reunite? (Just tell me yes. I'm crying here.)
- Posted on 07/25/2011 by Mary
I've heard that you guys knew each other before the show, and that maybe Argy, you suggested that Shannon should audition? Or what's the story there?
Argiris: It was more of a surprise actually. He told me, "Hey, I've got an audition..." I don't know, do you remember how it went?
Shannon: I think we were at Jake Epstein's birthday, who played Craig on the show. I came to meet Argy because he and I were together like, every day that summer. We'd bike in the rain back from a night out, we'd double on the bike.
Oh my God! How did you know each other?
Shannon: I saw him somewhere before, and I was like "Yo, didn't I see you at...?"
Argiris: At an audition room actually, yeah.
Shannon: Yeah, he was doing a self-tape for an audition, so I saw him and stopped him. And then, where did we actually hit it off?
Argiris: Maybe... I can't remember.
Shannon: You don't remember our first date! (laughs) There were a lot of nights and days out. So then at Jake's birthday, I just told him. And he was calling me Zane all night trying to get me in character.
Argiris: Yeah, I do remember that.
So you were specifically auditioning for Zane, it wasn't one of those things where like, Liberty auditioned for Manny...
Shannon: No, and they didn't even know that I was friends with him until when I got the role and we came for rehearsal. Our director was like, 'So, you guys are friends? That's a bonus! We never knew that.' And I don't know if it would have affected their decision, in a good way or bad way -- it could be a bad thing. And then she asked, 'Do you think this makes it easier or more difficult for you?' And I wasn't really sure. It is easier in a way because we have a rapport and we're comfortable with each other.
It's interesting that you weren't just friend but like fast friends, too.
Argiris and Shannon: Yeah.
Shannon: And it's not often... you meet a lot of people in the industry but to get to work with someone that you would actually go out and dance with -- Argy and I would be the only two guys really breaking it down on the dance floor.
Argy: Yeah, a lot of guys wouldn't go out there, they're pretty pathetic, they're just staying against the wall. Though, you know, we were there at some point in our life.
Shannon: They're scoping out chicks.
Argy: They just scope and they kind of creep and they kind of try to pull girls' dresses. It's just like, 'No, you've gotta have fun!' You've gotta show the girl that you're having fun and then stuff flows.
TO BE CONTINUED... too many spoilers in the rest of our conversation!
- Posted on 02/25/2011 by Mary
DON'T LET ME SPOIL YOUR DEGRASSI! I couldn't live with myself!
Click here to watch Degrassi: In Too Deep, "The Way We Get By, pt. 2" online in HD first. Then let's talk:
Riley Stavros on Degrassi: In Too Deep
1) Wow. The Stavros' reaction to Riley being gay is intense. And doesn't it shed SO MUCH light on why he had such a hard time accepting himself? The way his mom just wanted to straight up pretend this wasn't happening... it's exactly what Riley did for so long, isn't it? Thank God for Zane -- he had a good point that Riley's come a long way. Here's hoping he's right that Riley's parents will, too.
2) Bianca v Jenna. So interesting how comfortable and righteous Jenna feels in that judgy seat. I know for some of you this is like choosing between Satan and Other Satan, but... if you absolutely HAD to pick one to be friends with... who would it be?
3) When your friends hate your bf/gf. I guess in this instance, the friends are pretty right about the girlfriend being a problem. If your friends were openly anti-your-bf/gf, would it make you wonder about the bf/gf, or the friends?
4) Bianca. She said a line this week that I found endlessly fascinating:
"I'm not your judgy friends. So are you coming? Unless you have a better offer..."
- On the one hand, her lack of judginess IS refreshing. And she really did seem to be trying to be nice at the Dot, didn't she? Do you think Bianca's tough exterior guards a soft and chewy center?
- But... what does it say about her that she let Drew's demeaning rant roll off her back? And the "unless you have a better offer" thing... it's such a self-deprecating thing to say, when you think about it. 'I know I'm not much but, it's not like you can do any better,' basically.
I'm thinking Bianca really could have benefitted from that mandated self-esteem seminar. Even though that whole thing was still totally sexist. 'Cause, please... where was Drew's self-esteem seminar?
5) Ooh... DOES Drew really need a self-esteem seminar? His trouble with his grades; his self-destructive choices; the way he seems to really need the attention of girls to feel important... I'm seeing a pattern. Thoughts?
- Posted on 02/21/2011 by Lisa
Who wants to see a few photos from the new episode of Degrassi that airs this Friday? Ziley fans, that's who.
Sneak peek pics from Friday's new episode of Degrassi, The Way We Get By, pt. 2, are up! Check out the whole batch, right here.
whoozbad01 says "seeing Ziley together again is so perfect!" Do you think Riley's mom will ever feel that way?
- Posted on 02/19/2011 by Mary
Just when Riley and Zane are really starting to figure out their relationship... life comes crashing down on them.
I'm curious: how much privacy do your parents give you when you have friends over... would they have knocked before coming in?
- Posted on 02/18/2011 by Mary
If you didn't watch the new Degrassi: In Too Deep episode, go watch it now so we can process our feelings together.
SPOILERS BELOW UNLESS YOU'RE ALL CAUGHT UP ON TONIGHT'S EP.
OK. Let's process.
* Drianca? Brew? First of all what should Drew and Bianca's couple name be, but second of all: should they even be a couple? I guess one good thing is that she'll never let him walk all over her... and I don't know, ever since Bianca said she might want to be a jewelry maker in that self esteem seminar... I've kind of been like, "maybe she's human?" What's your take?
* ZILEY!. Eek. How bad do you think this is going to be in the Stavros household?
* "Sometimes being a good boyfriend means doing things that suck." Ain't it the truth -- and sometimes being a good girlfriend means doing things that suck, too. What are your personal limits -- how much would you be willing to compromise on activities you find boring or scary or lame, if it mattered to your bf/gf?
* Also, dig the haircut, Riley. Nice work, Anya.
* Is it me, or is Jenna the judgiest pregnant teen ever? Or do you feel like she has a right to judge Bianca, just because Bianca is so completely beyond the pale?
* This Malaika girl. I'm pretty sure I don't trust her. Why can't Alli find a nice Clare-type at the Beechwood Private Preparatory School for Young Ladies?
- Posted on 12/25/2010 by Mary
We at TeenNick wish you Happy Holidays, Happy New Year and Happily Ever After Your Whole Life Long!
And, good news! We picked your names out of the Secret Santa hat, so here's your prezzie... a new Degrassi poster! It looks like this:
This way you can print those out and put 'em together to make your very own Deg-oration. Oh my God, I just said Deg-oration, clearly I need to stop working and go to Australia. Have a GREAT holiday, enjoy your winter break, I hope it snows only exactly as much as you want it to, and I hope all of your wishes come true forever. Unless you make bad wishes.
Enjoy your new poster!
- Posted on 12/17/2010 by Lisa
Day 5 of our Degrassi-boy-abration brings us to: ♥Riley♥!
He used to be stressed-out 24/7... but then he got off steroids, into anger management classes and yoga, and into Zane's arms. (Don't you just love them together?) Now that Riley's out at school and over the whole self-hatred thing, he seems infinitely more relaxed and happy. Watching the old Riley was intense, but watching the new Riley is inspiring. I reeeeally hope angry, messed-up-in-the-head Riley is gone for good.
Aww, here's the Riley I love. Can I have a pink football shirt, Riley? I'll totally wear it.
My favorite Riley episode is "In Your Eyes," where he and Zane first get together. I can't watch that ep without smiling at my TV / laptop. Riley just looks SO happy when they're dancing at the LGBT mixer. You'll find "In Your Eyes" and lots of other memorable Riley moments in our Riley Playlist.
What are your favorite Riley moments, quotes, or kisses? Post them in the comments and let's do some Riley bonding.
- Posted on 11/16/2010 by Mary
Argy is our sunshine -- he is seriously the most positive, smiley guy on Earth. And also sometimes he is upside down, as you can see.