Blog | riley
- Posted on 10/30/2010 by Mary
Happy Hallo-weekend! Here's a plastic jack-o-lantern's worth of behind the scenes snapshots from Degrassi's Monster Moon shoot. Also, fyi, you can click here to watch all four Monster Moon minis crammed into one.
Two more vids are coming (they're on TV during the 9pm Degrassi airings, and then online afterwards).
Oh and check out this cute li'l pic of Munro and Aislinn behind the scenes at the shoot. Awww/ewww.
- Posted on 08/24/2010 by Mary
I had started to wonder if we would ever see the day that Riley Stavros would kiss his boyfriend in full view of other students and just not care what anyone thought.
Especially after that heart-wrenching scene of him searching the "history" (what little there is of it) of openly gay athletes. Seriously, never has an web-search scene made me so verklempt.
Anyway, Riley is free at last. Let's celebrate by watching him celebrate again; click here.
- Posted on 08/23/2010 by Mary
GO RILEY! Say it loud, he's out and he's... pretty much proud! Still has a few issues to work on. He'll get there! We believe in you Riley! And a big "whatever", followed by the world's biggest, roundest eye roll to whoever put that on his locker. Homophobia is so last century.
Meanwhile: I'm guessing plenty of us have been in Adam's shoes... dealing with the magically Disappearing Friend Who's Totally Wrapped Up in a Girl/Guy. But when you're Adam, finding new trustworthy friends is an extra challenge. I'm wringing my hands over this whole Fitz thing... and that promo is not making me any calmer.
- Posted on 08/19/2010 by Mary
Look how you made Zane almost fully smile! SO proud of you!
GO ZILEY! Or do you prefer Rane?
Here's the video, relive the magic.
- Posted on 07/30/2010 by Mary
Friday night = catch up night -- if you missed any eps this week or just want to treat yourself to two hours of uninterrupted, gently-used Degrassi, 9pm et is where it's at. Man, a lot happened this week... Zane trying out for football was only four days ago! So let's review:
Riley and Zane:Think they'll last? What do you forecast for them?
Riley: Do you think he'll come out in high school, or wait 'til college?
Alli: That desperate bid for the social life of her dreams was odd, but... does she actually have a point about needing more friends? Clare is always hyper-busy (and will probably disappear onto Love Island with Eli soon); Dave has a crush on her which is fine but... that can be really hard on a friendship. She might have more in common with Connor and Wesley than she cares to admit, but I can also see how she would want some people around her that she has more in common with. I don't know, what do you guys think?
Alli and Drew: Can she tame him?
KC: Are you happy about him reuniting with his mom? What's your take on her?
Clare and Eli: Squeee! Oh also, I clipped this little snippet from a Degrassi script for you... it's Clare's writing assignment about her parents fighting.
- Posted on 07/26/2010 by Mary
Riley, Riley, Riley... I'm trying so hard not to be upset with you because I KNOW this isn't easy for you -- and for millions of other people in your position -- but boy oh boy do I feel for Zane. How about you guys; are you sympathetic to Riley or frustrated with him?
And what's your take on Drew at this point... good guy? Not-so-good guy? As for Tuesday night's show... prepare to see Drew, in his Drewniform, making all the Degrassi girls Drewl.
Also there may or may not be a scene where he is technically not wearing the uniform OR his civvies. Just FYI.
- Posted on 07/23/2010 by Mary
You saw the promo for next week... but let's start with Monday!
Why does Zane look sad? What did Riley do now? Dammit Riley!
And ummm, why is Alli wearing a Spirit Squad uniform from like four seasons ago?
- Posted on 05/14/2010 by Mary
EEEEEEEEE!! Lots to talk about from tonight's episode... though of course, if you haven't watched yet, this whole thing will be SPOILERSSSSSSS so go away! As for the rest of us...
1) Oh my GOD! When Riley was like, giggling because Anya said "you have a crush on Zane"... I swear It MELTED MY HEART! And then when he and Zane made plans for coffee... was I the only one jumping up and down in my chair going "Riley has a date! Riley has a date!"?
2) I was so scared he wasn't going to kiss him! And then when he did and he smiled... I don't think we've ever even SEEN Riley's smile before that. I didn't even realize how much I loved him as a character until I felt so overjoyed for him.
3) Curious... what would happen if (or did happen when) one of the biggest jocks at your school came out?
4) Clare! Dude! Clare is strong like the Hulk! I almost can't believe she didn't fall for K.C.'s "everything was better when we were together" line. Could you be that strong?
5) Jenna Middleton: not winning any fans tonight, I'm guessing. I used to try to give her the benefit of the doubt and think she was at least Real and fun, though flawed... but tonight she came off straight up shady, right? I know Jenn a has some fans out there... are any of you having second thoughts about her at this point?