Blog | sav
- Posted on 12/20/2010 by Mary
Day 8 (more like day GREAT) is dedicated to the guy who stole our hearts, and the student council presidency (arguably)...
It's not just that Sav has eyes you could go swimming in, or that he rocks the skinny jeans like no other student council president. It's that:
1) You can trust a dude who has that good of a relationship with his little sister. Protective, honest, encouraging, and downright sweet.
2) Any guy who would go to the judgety baby class with a pregnant girl he barely knows just so she won't feel so alone in the world... I mean, do YOU know any real-life guys like that?
3) Remember when he sang that sweet, pretty "Your heart is a fire" song to Holly J? While dressed as Elvis, natch?
4) He's come a long way from being the guy who had internalized his family's uh, gender bias. We should probably thank Anya for helping creak open that door.
5) And he wouldn't suck to run student council with:
All the Sav fans, raise your hands! What do you love most about Degrassi's most eligible senior? Drop it in the comments! And you can also check out our full Sav Playlist for plenty of Savalicious episodes.
- Posted on 11/12/2010 by Mary
Lordy lordy lordy. Classic Degrassi tonight. SPOILERS AHOY so don't read 'til you've watched -- here's the full Halo, pt. 1 episode for your convenience:
And now, let's break it down.
1) Wesley, Wesley, Wesley. Ohhh, Lord. Poor guy. You know what's weird? Basically every single person on the planet goes through puberty, and yet we're somehow still so embarrassed to talk about it -- and even go through it. I mean, not everyone has a wet dream at school but... I bet it's happened to someone, somewhere...
2) KC, so so not over Jenna. Do you guys think they should get back together? Does he deserve her, after the way he abandoned her?
3) Dude, Sav is basically the nicest guy in the world. I mean, he's not perfect but, for real, who else would offer to go to a girl-he-hardly-know's prenatal class with her just 'cause she was sad and lonely? You can't blame Jenna for falling for him... even if you can blame her for being an eensy weensy skeensy bit delusional.
4) Two girls enter; one girl leaves! Who would win in a fight: Holly J, armed with a razor wit, two rolls of crepe paper and a Zeno; or Jenna, armed with sheer ruthlessness, a bottle of prenatal vitamins, and the stick shift from her brother's truck?
- Posted on 11/11/2010 by Mary
Check out the first scene of this Friday night's brand new Degrassi... Simpson's finally letting the beleaguered, downtrodden students of DCS have a dance!
- Posted on 11/08/2010 by Mary
More new Degrassi this week! Just one ep before the fall finale...
Can Adam really keep Fiona's attention?
What did Wesley just say to Connor and Dave?
And... well, place your bets on what's going on with Jenna and Sav...
- Posted on 08/26/2010 by Mary
"OMG" does not even begin to cover it. Let's attempt to break things down...
IS Degrassi out of hand?? Do you think Simpson is right to be completely at his wits' end after tonight? Do the students of Degrassi need a totally different environment? Or are they just another high school? (It's funny... there's sort of a perpetual debate in the message boards about whether Degrassi is tamer than a real high school, or completely off-the-wall bonkers. Which side do you fall on?)
Eli and Clare. OK. First of all, thank GOD he's alive. Second of all... what do you think the future holds for these two? Do you think Eli really learned his lesson tonight... or is he going to be even more angry and vengeful about being put through that?
Drew and Alli: Opinions on whether Drew is a good guy or a bad guy seem mixed... what's yours? (Mine is that he's neither good nor bad... he's a human teenager who makes super, super-dumb choices sometimes.) Also: that whole thing between Alli and Mrs. Torres... I have known sooo many moms of teenagers who are like that. They think their kid can do no wrong, so their friends take the fallout when everyone gets in trouble together. Sucks.
Holly J and Sav: Daaaag, girl! I have to say: Charlotte Arnold is probably my favorite young actress in the world. The subtle stuff happening on her face in that scene... she is one talented lady. And she looked really pretty tonight, and I dig her and Sav together. You?
- Posted on 08/24/2010 by Mary
Only two nights of Degrassi: The Boiling Point left... I'm starting to get scared of how my body's going to react to the withdrawal. What if I can't handle it? What if I die?
Anyway. The next two nights... things are going to get a little insane. 'Cause you know, up 'til now things at Degrassi have been so boring.
I leave you with the following three images from tomorrow night's television program. While they cannot possibly give you a complete picture of the events about to ensue, I hope they at least impart to you the DIRE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR WATCHING. ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A THING FOR ELI AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME NICE DREAMS TOMORROW NIGHT. I hope I am being sufficiently clear.
- Posted on 08/08/2010 by Lisa
So, that helium-voiced kiss on last night's Degrassi was kind of awkward, wasn't it?
I just rewatched that scene, and my dog barked when they kissed, which I interpret to mean he doesn't like them as a couple.
What do you think? What do your pets think? Click here to watch that scene again.
BTW, I don't want my dog to affect your judgment, so here's a pic of Holly J and Sav looking super-cute together:
- Posted on 08/06/2010 by Mary
So much Degrassi, so little time to really dig into the details all week! Luckily it's Friday catch-up night... this week's episodes will air again tonight starting at 9p et. Let's talk about what all happened since Monday
Eli: What is Eli's DEAL? What do you think is going on with him? And do you think Clare is going to get frustrated enough to lose interest? (Not that she's interested. Of course.)
Holly J and Declan: Buh! Do you think she was right to break up with him? The money thing was interesting -- when people have different amounts of money to mess around with, it can be difficult to figure out a way to hang out that's cool for both of you. Have you ever run into weirdness about money with a friend?
Sav: What advice would you give him about dealing with his parents totally unrealistic demands -- should he go outright rebellion, or just waiting until college to start being his own person?
Jenna: It seems to me -- like with the whole Jenna thing , and KC's reaction to it -- that girls are so much more critical of their own and each other's bodies than guys are of girls' bodies. What IS that?
- Posted on 08/03/2010 by Mary
Can we talk about Sav's parents? Because they make me really, really mad. I remember having arguments like that with my parents and it was so frustrating. I wonder if Sav is going to go INSANE with the freedom once he moves out of his parents' place? Does anyone out there have parents like the Bhandaris?
Anyway, as for tomorrow night... someone requested pics of Fitz, so here's a double-dip for you.. Fitz AND Eli. Looking saucy, and like neither of them is up to any good on tomorrow night's episode.
- Posted on 07/21/2010 by Lisa
So, Anya and Sav are back together. That's nice for her, kinda bad for him (since it's based on a lie), and very confusing for Holly J.
Thursday @ 9pm on Degrassi: The Boiling Point, it's election day. Will the pregnancy rumors hurt Sav's chances of winning? Holly J seems desperate to take him down, but how far is she willing to go? Before the votes are cast, I've got a couple of questions for you:
1. Who'd get your vote for student body president?
2. Who would you vote for in a "best election T-shirt" contest? (I like them both, but I think I'd actually wear the Holly J one around.)