Blog | sav
- Posted on 08/24/2010 by Mary
Only two nights of Degrassi: The Boiling Point left... I'm starting to get scared of how my body's going to react to the withdrawal. What if I can't handle it? What if I die?
Anyway. The next two nights... things are going to get a little insane. 'Cause you know, up 'til now things at Degrassi have been so boring.
I leave you with the following three images from tomorrow night's television program. While they cannot possibly give you a complete picture of the events about to ensue, I hope they at least impart to you the DIRE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR WATCHING. ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A THING FOR ELI AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME NICE DREAMS TOMORROW NIGHT. I hope I am being sufficiently clear.
- Posted on 08/08/2010 by Lisa
So, that helium-voiced kiss on last night's Degrassi was kind of awkward, wasn't it?
I just rewatched that scene, and my dog barked when they kissed, which I interpret to mean he doesn't like them as a couple.
What do you think? What do your pets think? Click here to watch that scene again.
BTW, I don't want my dog to affect your judgment, so here's a pic of Holly J and Sav looking super-cute together:
- Posted on 08/06/2010 by Mary
So much Degrassi, so little time to really dig into the details all week! Luckily it's Friday catch-up night... this week's episodes will air again tonight starting at 9p et. Let's talk about what all happened since Monday
Eli: What is Eli's DEAL? What do you think is going on with him? And do you think Clare is going to get frustrated enough to lose interest? (Not that she's interested. Of course.)
Holly J and Declan: Buh! Do you think she was right to break up with him? The money thing was interesting -- when people have different amounts of money to mess around with, it can be difficult to figure out a way to hang out that's cool for both of you. Have you ever run into weirdness about money with a friend?
Sav: What advice would you give him about dealing with his parents totally unrealistic demands -- should he go outright rebellion, or just waiting until college to start being his own person?
Jenna: It seems to me -- like with the whole Jenna thing , and KC's reaction to it -- that girls are so much more critical of their own and each other's bodies than guys are of girls' bodies. What IS that?
- Posted on 08/03/2010 by Mary
Can we talk about Sav's parents? Because they make me really, really mad. I remember having arguments like that with my parents and it was so frustrating. I wonder if Sav is going to go INSANE with the freedom once he moves out of his parents' place? Does anyone out there have parents like the Bhandaris?
Anyway, as for tomorrow night... someone requested pics of Fitz, so here's a double-dip for you.. Fitz AND Eli. Looking saucy, and like neither of them is up to any good on tomorrow night's episode.
- Posted on 07/21/2010 by Lisa
So, Anya and Sav are back together. That's nice for her, kinda bad for him (since it's based on a lie), and very confusing for Holly J.
Thursday @ 9pm on Degrassi: The Boiling Point, it's election day. Will the pregnancy rumors hurt Sav's chances of winning? Holly J seems desperate to take him down, but how far is she willing to go? Before the votes are cast, I've got a couple of questions for you:
1. Who'd get your vote for student body president?
2. Who would you vote for in a "best election T-shirt" contest? (I like them both, but I think I'd actually wear the Holly J one around.)
- Posted on 05/07/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS! BELOW! DO NOT READ unless you've already watched the episode OK? If your eyeballs slip, I'm sorry.
Everyone else... we have much to discuss.
1) I feel like Declan handled Clare um, kissing his neck (out of nowhere) pretty amazingly suavely. Most people have a hard time even handling people they're not into having a crush on them. Could you be that cool if someone you didn't really see in that way was acting so ga-ga over you? < /p>
1b) Also, I think I might be starting to totally love Holly J. So, so big sisterly of her.
2) I find it interesting that Clare's feelings of guilt about her perfectly normal feelings toward Declan turned her right back into "judgy Clare." It's like she's judging herself, and then she turned it out wards onto Alli... what did you guys think of that whole interaction?
3) Have you ever had um "dreams" about someone you know that you were like "Whoa, what? Really? That person?" I know I have. I've heard that it's not really about the person in real life, it's just what they stand for in your mind. But that doesn't make it less freaky to wake up from one of those!
4) So, now Sav is going to make cat videos for a hobby? Whatever it takes... but dude needs a new crush. Who should be next for Sav?
5) So... real talk... do you think Anya really is a manipulative and dishonest person, and that Sav is right to be so pissed off at her?
6) Ahhh, Seven Minutes in Heaven. I had my first kiss during a game of Seven Minutes. What's your kissing game history?
- Posted on 04/03/2010 by Mary
You know, marrying for love is actually a relatively recent phenomenon -- marriage and monogamy have been about protecting property for a much longer time than they've been about snuggling in front of sunsets for life. The romantic notion of finding and keeping "The One" is modern -- and, based on the divorce rate, only partially successful. Meanwhile... check this out from a Scientific American podcast:
"There's even a study published in India but using an American love scale, called the Rubin Love Scale, that compared love in love marriages in India ... to love in arranged marriages. And in this particular study, love in the love marriages starts out very high. And then over time it decreases. ... And in the arranged marriages ... we see the love starting out relatively low. Because in so many cases the people barely know each other, sometimes they've had a half an hour of contact in total before they got married. And then it increases gradually, surpasses the love in the love marriages at about five years. And 10 years out it's twice as strong."
So basically, in India anyway, people who marry for love generally start out all gaga and then gradually get sick of each other, but people whose marriages are arranged generally start out kinda "ummm?" but then end up a lot happier than the love marriage people.
Food for thought, right?? I'm not saying I would want my parents to pick my spouse for me, but... it's made me feel a little less knee-jerk "GROSS!" about the idea of arranged marriage...
(BTW, if you're wondering, the "Rubin Love Scale" measures how much you agree with statements like "I feel that I can confide in my loved one about virtually everything" and "I find it easy to ignore my loved one's faults"... check out the whole loving and liking scales here, they're pretty interesting...)
- Posted on 04/02/2010 by Mary
MASSIVE, DEGRASSI-RUINING SPOILERS ARE BELOW. I beg of you, do not read these questions 'til you've seen the episode ok? OK.
Now, for the prepared among us...
1) How do you think Sav should have handled the Farrah debacle? I can see why Holly J and Chantay were kind of clucking their tongues at Anya over it all, but at the same time, I kind of felt like Sav was handling it as best he could under the circumstances. How 'bout you?
2) And did you hate Farrah? 'Cause I kind of didn't. And I kind of felt like she might justifiably feel like "I saw him first," since she's been told she was going to marry him since she was a little kid.
3) Oh my God, in the last scene... Anya crying and having that talk with Sav? I wanted to die and then hug her and then die again. What an AMAZING performance by Samantha, that was so real my chest hurt. Maybe the best breakup scene ever on Degrassi? Your thoughts?
4) Do you think Sav was right to break up with Anya? I'm furious with her for lying about something SO incredibly life-altering and important, too. But I'm also kind of dumbfounded that he thought one simple question and a non-answer in the limo was an adequate birth control discussion.
5 ) Johnny DiMarco: "I guess you can't just choose your friends." Interesting take on life, eh? In a weird way, he kind of has a point...
6) Alli and Dave? Chemistry? Thoughts?
- Posted on 03/12/2010 by Mary
Sav and Anya can find pretty much anything to bicker about...or, maybe more accurately, Anya can find anything to pick a fight about with Sav, and Sav can back down and put his tail between his legs on almost any topic.
Do you know any couples like that? ARE you any couples like that?