Blog | season 13
- Posted on 07/19/2013 by Rachel1016"Paris, Maya. We are in Paris." This week, the jet-setting half of the gang took on their first day in The City of Light, while the homebound Degrassians visited a cancer-fighting, wig-rocking Clare at the hospital. The kids managed to keep some of the premiere drama at bay, but the plot is nonetheless starting to thicken in every direction! As always, if you haven't seen the episode, watch it here, because we've got spoilers! And let's be real, no one likes a spoiled child.NOBODY'S FOOLTristan arrived in Paris loaded with his inimitable style and zingy one-liners (my new life motto might be "Find an amazing blazer, and then love"). But despite readying himself to relish in cappuccinos and charcuterie (that's *ahem* French for "cheese plate"), Tristan revealed a major insecurity about Miles finding out he's gay. He even went so far as to enlist Maya into pretending they were dating. But unsurprisingly, he almost gagged when they kissed, and Trist swiftly realized he wasn't fooling a soul.But here's what I didn't see coming: Miles approached Tristan about the whole situation, and reassured him that he didn't care. I mean, all previous concert/whiskey/pool hi-jinks aside, can we trust that Miles is being genuine and honest? Also, considering the fact that Tristan made eyes at Miles once (or maybe twice...), could Miles be the "he" to whom Tristan refers in his selfie confessional? Is there potential for Trist to take part in a, well, tryst? What does this mean for the potential Miles/Maya/Zoe love triangle? Am I brain dumping? Oh, Degrassi, you have your work cut out for you!BAGUETTE OR A BOYArmed with big plans of her own, Alli kicked off her Parisan journey by venturing off into the city solo. Wishing Clare was with her IRL, she toted around an amazing cardboard face kabob of her BFF presumably (obviously) to make sure Clare wasn't missing in any Instagram pictures. Alli quickly found herself doing less touring and more, erm, troubleshooting, though, as the language barrier, a broken heel, and a mugging attempt got the best of her. But then, a cute Parisian boy came to her rescue. Naturally! He saved her phone, he showed her the ways of the city, he fixed her cup of coffee (okay, adding sugar isn't that ground-breaking), and, oh, right, he was really CAYUTE. Guys, even though Alli got off to a rough start, she's already half-fulfilled every girl's Parisian dream. Thinks are looking up, am I right? Am I right.BRACING FOR CHANGESClare and Eli started to navigate the changing circumstances of their relationship this episode. Clare's experience with cancer became more real with every moment, from the mundane triggers like watching Zoe on a stretcher in an episode of "West Drive," to courageously shaving her head, to insecurities about what Eli might think of the physical changes her body will start to go through. There was no sugar coating here, but Clare is doing her darndest to wade through it all. And despite that other patient's warning about fleeting boyfriends, Eli has been a dream, don't you think? Plus, Clare looked smokin' in that blonde wig and Eli seems to be all about it. Uh huh, honey!Phew, that's enough from me. What did you all think of this episode? Sound off in the comments!
- Posted on 07/18/2013 by Rachel1016
- Posted on 07/16/2013 by baileyb2112
Degrassi takes Paris in an all-new episode this Thursday at 9PM ET on TeenNick! This city of love is bound to be full of adventure, romance and a lot of drama. Check out a sneak peek and see what surprises the city will have in store!
- Posted on 07/14/2013 by baileyb2112
A whole new Degrassi is finally here and we know you couldn't be more excited!
For those of you who tragically missed Thursday's premiere, don't fret! You can tune in to a special encore of the episode tonight at 9PM ET on TeenNick! Plus, you might even see your #Degrassi tweets on the air!
That's right. Repeat + tweet = TWEET-PEAT! This is your chance to join in the conversation. Don't miss it!
- Posted on 07/12/2013 by Rachel1016
Degrassi fans, Season 13 is officially underway! It seems like just yesterday (and really, it wasn't that long ago) we were biting our nails over Fimogen's fate, assessing the strength of Jake and Mo's bromance, and generally crying our water weight in tears as Degrassi's class of 2013 said their goodbyes. BUT, it's a whole new Degrassi indeed, and between new characters, budding romances and feuds, and classic Degrassi drama, last night's premiere gave us ALL of the feels. If you haven't seen the episode yet, watch it here first, because there are spoilers worse than a three-day old sandwich below!
Bon Voyage? Not So Fast.Maya's big summer plans to travel to Paris were put in major jeopardy this episode. Pretty much everything Maya touched turned to disaster when she started spending time with new-guy and TOTAL bad-boy Miles Hollingsworth III (yes, it is essential we refer to him by full name always). First there was the power outage at the concert, then her ROYALLY blown curfew, then that whole underage drinking thing� Even if we can spot the romantic tension from a mile away (or should we say 'Miles'), after being dangerously close to getting her Paris plans dashed, can Maya afford any more fiascos?
Also, Tristan deserved a total rude ticket for ditching Maya at the concert to be with Zoe. I'm wondering though, could this potential Zoe v. Maya feud be a bigger problem? Zoe definitely has her eyes on Miles too, and we ALL know Zoe and Maya haven't, well, clicked. Will Maya's bestie status with Tristan survive their trip to Paris? Will this potential feud with Zoe get bigger? Does Maya + Miles = Mayales? Pronounced Miles? Hm, we'll have to think about that one.
No Good Time For Bad News.What began as Clare's slightly awkward attempt to keep her long-distance romance with Eli alive (*covers eyes in embarrassment at the thought of video chat sex*), quickly became a life-changing episode for her. My heart sank like a thousand blundering Titanics when Clare found out she was diagnosed with cancer. And even though she broke down after the news sunk in, I couldn't believe how composed she was throughout. :`) Can you even begin to imagine what it would be like to embark on what could be the fight of your life? I'm pretty sure she's going to kick cancer's batootie with the grace of a swan, though. Plus, when Eli showed up at the hospital even after Clare told him not to, it was a moment that rivaled all Eclare moments. I was totally verklempt! It might even beat the horse and carriage scene from "Time of My Life." What do you all think?
Rock Solid Or Rocking The Boat?Over at Degrassi Summer Camp, Adam is trying to deal with the fact that Becky will be gone for the summer, and they're both trying to keep their jealousy at bay. It seemed a bit severe for Becky to insist that Adam not be friends with Imogen, even if she was maybe flirting a little. But Adam and Imogen were acting like children in the name-game circle. Which was full of actual children. I mean, DREW of all people had to come in and mediate! Thankfully, Imogen explained that she just has a hard time making friends, and coming off of a relationship with Fiona, I can understand why she might be in an adjustment phase, but OOF: You know there's something wrong when you make Drew look responsible. I'm also a little unsure how well their "secret friends" deal is going to turn out. It seems a little too sneaky to be a good solution.Enough from me, what did you think of the Season 13 premiere? Sound off in the comments!
- Posted on 07/11/2013 by RachelLooking for a little something extra sweet? How about some Degrassi Extra Credit for all you extra loyal Degrassi fans? Olivia Scriven (Maya) and Ana Golja (Zoe) react to the latest episode, "Summertime" in this exclusive video.
And just in case you missed the Season 13 premiere of Degassi, you can watch it here!
- Posted on 07/11/2013 by baileyb2112
It's almost time for a whole new Degrassi!
On July 11th, your favorite high-schoolers are returning for their 13th season of laughs, tears and incredible drama. It's been a long journey since Degrassi's beginnings all those years ago, and we know some of you haven't missed a second of the action. Still, is there such a thing as too much Degrassi?! Here are some tell-tale signs that you may need to step away from the screen...at least until July 11th, anyway!
1. Driving a hearse to school seems like a reasonable form of transportation.
2. You're beginning to wonder if Snake is capable of aging.
3. You're still amazed when Drake walks down the red carpet without his wheelchair.
4. You've bought a plane ticket to Canada.
5. You'll be totally prepared if your best friend ever has a pregnancy scare.
6.There was a time when primary-colored polo shirts started looking really attractive to you.
7. You're worried there aren't enough classic songs in the world to use as titles for each fantastic episode.
8. You still cry when you think about JT.
9. You've lost count of Alli's boyfriends and Drew's girlfriends and you can barely remember that time they dated each other.
10.You're still convinced you could have made the power squad.
11.You and your friends are attempting to mentally prepare for the most dramatic moment of the season.
12. You just really miss Manny and Emma.
13. You're ditching dinner plans and movie dates for the next seven Thursdays to make sure you don't miss a second of unforgettable Degrassi drama.
Admit it...you're addicted. But we wouldn't have it any other way!
Let your Degrassi obsession live on when a whole new Degrassi begins July 11th at 9pm on TeenNick! Until then, here's a sneak peek clip of the premiere episode!try not to watch it too many times in a row...