Blog | teennick
- Posted on 04/14/2010 by Mary
There's a pretty interesting Degrassi debate going on right now:
"ughh!! I HATE JENNA! shes a sluut!" -icegirl111
"I wouldn't say she's a slut, I'd say she's a homewrecker." - Sner2000
"isnt a homewrecker a slut?" - junior08A
"Uh no. Slut = has multiple partners. Homewrecker = Someone who intentionally ruins peoples relationships. I don't think she's either. Maybe she could be considered a homewrecker, but I think she genuinely liked KC." - ispinnerrr
My personal contribution to the debate is fourfold.
1) While I personally agree with ispinnerrr that the term "slut" is usually used to mean "promiscuous female", and that I can very easily picture a "homewrecker" who is not promiscuous...
2) I'm not sure that "genuinely liking" the boyfriend you steal makes it not a homewrecker situation. What do you guys think?
3) Also, I feel the overwhelming urge to quote Tina Fey in Mean Girls: "You all have got to stop calling each other sluts.... It just makes it ok for guys to call you sluts." Especially since people don't tend to call promiscuous guys "sluts", and definitely not with the same venom they reserve for promiscuous girls -- the ol' double standard. Which brings to mind...
4) A question: can guys be "homewreckers", too? Would anyone call a guy who stole someone's bf/gf a "homewrecker"? I've never heard it done, but maybe you have? Or maybe you have another pet term for a guy who steals someone's bf/gf?
- Posted on 04/14/2010 by Mary
I was watching that episode of One on One where Flex's fiancée (aka Breanna's art teacher) tries to amp up her step-mothering skills on Breanna, and can't quite find the right balance between being there for her as a parent-figure, and staying out of the way.
I'm sure a lot of you have dealt with a step-parent who wasn't sure whether they should try to be an enforcer -of-rules, or a "friend", or something in-between.
What kinds of relationships do you guys have with your step-parents? And for those with good ones... was it always good, or did you have to work at it, and how did you work at it?
- Posted on 04/13/2010 by Mary
I heard there's a new unauthorized biography of Oprah coming out soon, but in all the excerpts I've seen, no one seems to mention the time that on Drake & Josh when Josh ran her over on his birthday. Which seems like it would have been one of the more memorable events of her life, doesn't it?
Anyone else out there big Oprah fans? Have you ever run her over on your birthday?
- Posted on 04/12/2010 by Mary
Every relationship is different 'cause every person is different, but what's your opinion: is a boyfriend or girlfriend entitled to expect to go to certain events with you?
For instance, like that time on What I Like About You when Vince had NBA tickets and Holly assumed he would take her, but he thought of it as more of a bro-down type thing.
Or like, I've seen couples argue when one of them saw a movie with friends, but the other one had assumed they'd see it together.
If you're in a bf/gf relationship, do you feel like you have to "check first" before making plans without them?
- Posted on 04/10/2010 by Mary
K.C. thinks he and Clare "can't be happy together" and were "just too different." Or maybe he was just more into Jenna, and 15 years old, and that was enough reason.
If you've ever done the unenviable deed of ending a relationship... how did you know it was time? And did you make the right decision?
- Posted on 04/10/2010 by Mary
I just noticed in the Degrassi schedule, there's a little unofficial Marco-fest going on...
- The one where he comes out and Spinner shuns him
- the one where he battles Alex for student council
- the one where he comes out to his dad in front of the whole school
- the one where he and Ellie kiss
- the one where he finds out Dylan's been cheating...
Starting at 4 p.m. et, it's a very Marco kind of Saturday. Sooo many haircuts! Enjoy!
- Posted on 04/09/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW for those who haven't watched the episode yet, so skip this until you've seen it.
Everyone else, let's talk about Jenna behind her back:
1) Show of hands... do you think Jenna and K.C. make a better couple than Clare and K.C.? And what should we call them... Kenna? J.C.?
2) So, do you think Jenna stole K.C., or that he and Clare were going to break up anyway, or what? Where, if anywhere, do you think Jenna crossed the line?
3) And should Clare be more mad at K.C. or Jenna?
4) Dude. That coach creeps me out in the biggest possible way. What the hell.
5) Poor Marco. Would you be scared to teach a high school class? Or do you think it would be fun?
6) Hey Jenna. Your buttcrack's showing.
- Posted on 04/08/2010 by Mary
Jessica Tyler, who plays Jenna on Degrassi, answered some quashes for us. I know a lot of people are Anti-Jenna, but I hope you won't feel anti-Jessica; she 's pretty sweet.
What was the first rock show/concert you ever went to, and what was the BEST rock show/concert you ever went to?
My first rock concert was Backstreet Boys! It was AMAZING and ever since then I've loved concerts :) However, the best rock concert I went to was Kings of Leon! They were so inspiring and true, total rock stars!
What makes you cranky?
What makes me cranky is no sleep! It totally throws me off!
And what gets you un-cranky?
A bubble bath and lots of sleep lol.
When you doodle, what do you draw?
I draw hearts and stars.
What do you think makes a good Degrassi episode?
I think drama makes a great episode, it adds interest ;)
- Posted on 04/08/2010 by Lisa
The episode of Full House that's on RIGHT NOW is the one where a dog named Minnie has puppies in the Full House house (OK, that's awkward phrasing, but saying she has puppies in the Full House would be worse, right?) Basically, it's the episode where Comet is born. The title of this post is what D.J. says after seeing it happen. Don't worry, they don't show anything gross on TV -- just lots of cute puppies.
In fact, one of these very puppies might be Comet. If you want to see these puppies in motion, turn on your TV!
- Posted on 04/07/2010 by Lisa
One of my favorite things about Degrassi fans is that they (and I!) have an opinion on every aspect of the show. Up for discussion today: Johnny DiMarco's haircut. Are you for or against his new, shorter hair? It's kind of growing on me (no pun intended).
In a message board thread Li22ette says: "I hate it personally, I loved it long!"
But SageSavage says: "I adore it. He's not so 'greasy' (in Sav's words) anymore. haha I liked him no matter what the length of his hair is, though. He just seems complex."
Which side are you on in the great Johnny DiMarco hair battle?