Blog | teennick
- Posted on 10/14/2010 by Mary
Look who's back... and he seems just EVER-so-delighted that Holly J is dating Sav.
And someone else is back toooooo....
Or come watch the first scene!
- Posted on 10/14/2010 by Mary
At 4pm et today, President Obama will be having a live Town Hall -- with YOU. Is there anything you want to say to him? Anything you want to ask? Whether it's about the economy, Afghanistan, the environment, gay rights, health care, college money, your school and your teachers, bullying... whatever's on your mind, we want to know about it. And MTV News wants to let President Obama know, too.
You can tweet questions and comments for the event NOW -- click here to check out MTV's Twitter Tracker, and tweet your own questions using hashtags like these:
Or make up your own #ask hashtag...
MTV will also be looking at tweets with #mygreatesthope and #mygreatestfear ... so you can let the president know what's on your mind.
We'll see you there.
- Posted on 10/13/2010 by Mary
Taylor Swift told Ladies Home Journal that her current crush is "Taylor Lautner. It's always going to be Taylor." Dude, I feel so bad for anyone who has to talk about their inner crush life in public. It almost makes me wonder if people like Taylor Swift come up with stock fake answers for questions like these so they won't accidentally reveal their actual secrets just because they were tired or distracted during an interview.
In rehab, Lindsay Lohan is reportedly also getting help with her Internet addiction -- gossip rags say the clinic found that she's prone to compulsively check her phone and vent on Twitter. They're apparently limiting her phone use to two hours a day so she can focus on herself.
And Perez Hilton told Ellen DeGeneres that he's had an epiphany about the way he's been raking celebrities over the coals for however many years: "Over the last two weeks, I have been doing everything I can to bring awareness to the issue of teen suicides and gay bullying. In doing so, a lot of people have called me a hypocrite and a bully myself and a big one. That's not how I want to be perceived and that's not what I want to put out there into the world. It was a big wake-up call that so many people saw me that way, so from now on I really want to be part of the solution and not part of the problem."
Perez was mean to celebs for a living, but how many anonymous Internet commenters and bloggers just do it for kicks, attention, to feel superior, etc.? (I love how Piper handles this in the next ep of Gigantic, btw.) Do you think Perez can have any effect on the way we apply the Golden Rule of "Do unto others..." to everyone, even people we think "deserve" to be teased or taken down a peg?
- Posted on 10/11/2010 by Lisa
I did lots of important cute boy research in order to bring you an updated version of the Degrassi crush quiz. Have you taken it yet?
My current Degrassi crush is:
Wesley? Well, he's cute, smart, he's into robots, he's a musician... Oh, and remember the rap he and Connor did in the caf when they were trying to get Dave elected? I love any guy who's willing to act that dorky in public. Maybe I DO sort of have a crush on Wesley. I learned something new about myself today.
And once you're all caught up, let's talk.
* ALLI!! Do you guys think she made the right decision? Also, do you think she does have low self esteem? Or is something else behind her 'always making bad decisions where boys are involved'?
* Do you think all-girls' school will help or hurt Alli's boy craziness? 'Cause... I went to an all girls' school for a while and I gotta say... not all the girls there were exactly WISE about boy-folk.
* Still Alli: My heart went directly into my stomach when the Bandharis started looking through Alli's file in Simpson's office. Do you know the feeling I mean... that 'omg, I'm caught' feeling? Boooo that feeling.
* KC and Jenna: Did KC have a right to be pissed about the way Jenna "came out" as pregnant? Or did he lose all rights to be mad about anything the second he basically abandoned her?
*And don't worry: Eli's back in the next episode, promise. He was suspended in this week's ep, 'cause of Vegas Night.
Did you watch it yet? 'Cause if not, SPOILERS BELOW. You can click here to watch the Gigantic premiere right now. Once you're caught up... let's talk.
* Did it make you want to be the child of an A-list movie star, or stay as far the hell away from Hollywood as you can, forever?
* Who's your favorite character? (I'm personally leaning toward Piper.)
* What did you think of Vanessa? I vacillate between feeling really sorry for her (anyone who's in a situation where they decide to become an emancipated minor is usually dealing with some stuff that no one should have to deal with) and being like, VANESSA. CALM DOWN. The world is not a) the enemy, b) the competition, OR c) characters in the Story of You.
* Anna and Joey... think they'd make a good couple?
* How about Walt and Maggie? And... If Maggie knew who Walt was from the very beginning, but pretended to go along with him being "Tom"... do you think that makes Maggie shady? Or is it understandable that she'd play along?
OK. I'm trying to get as much music info as I can get from all the episodes for you guys... Here are all the music cues I could find from tonight's Degrassi and Gigantic premieres. Hope they're helpy if you're looking for a particular song!
Sadly I didn't have enough time to figure out which scene each song is in -- but you could let each other know in the comments if you figure one out!
- "Welcome to L.A." by Official Hot Mess
- "C.L.U.B." by MNDR
- "Someday" by Quanteisha Benjamin
- "Independence" and "Dream Big" from our very own Jessica Tyler, aka Jenna.
- "Dreams Dissolve" by Catherine McLellan
- "Maybelline" by Zaac Pick
- "Stay" by Jesse Thomas off her Heartbreaker EP (She's hard to search for but I def. saw this song in iTunes -- that's her pic on the left.)
- "Girls Who Believe" by Meredith Shaw
- "Happiness" by Jaylene Johnson
- And since so many have asked... the song from the fall promo is "So Easy" by Gina Cutillo.
- Posted on 10/07/2010 by Mary
Well, I looked through the comments to yesterday's post, and I got you a present for Degrassi Spirit Week Thursday. A big, beautiful, locker-worthy present.
I hope you like it.
- Posted on 10/07/2010 by Mary
Alli wants a fresh start... one that doesn't include letting the guy who went to the boiler room with Bianca come waltzing back into her life. But does she have the strength to stay away?
And we all know what's behind that big ol' guitar, but the Next Teen Star audience doesn't... what will they think if they find out?
- Posted on 10/06/2010 by Mary
Gigantic is only two nights away from now, and it's weird... looking through the gossip rags this week I just keep seeing all these themes from the show: the ways having famous parents changes things, but also the ways in which those families are really just like the rest of ours'...
Jennie Garth says her 13 year-old daughter is actually embarrassed that her dad, Peter Facinelli, is Carlisle Cullen in the Twilight movies. "She's like, 'Let's not talk anything Twilight. Don't mention it. Wear a hat to my school.' She's a little embarrassed by it, she wants people to like her for her and not because of him, or want to come to our house because of that."
Rumer Willis and her boyfriend Micah Alberti broke up. Which is painful enough... and then having a bunch of complete strangers like me a) know about it and b) write about it must be that much extra painful. I guess at least Rumer is surrounded by loving family who know the ropes of dealing with heartbreak in the public eye.
And I can't help but feel SO WEIRD about the way the Jolie-Pitt kids and Suri Cruise are considered such public property, living public lives through no choice of their own... and also not really knowing any other life. Aren't you curious what they'll be like in high school? Whether they'll be OK because they have loving parents, or whether all the unwanted attention will mess with them somehow?