Blog | teennick
And once you're all caught up, let's talk.
* ALLI!! Do you guys think she made the right decision? Also, do you think she does have low self esteem? Or is something else behind her 'always making bad decisions where boys are involved'?
* Do you think all-girls' school will help or hurt Alli's boy craziness? 'Cause... I went to an all girls' school for a while and I gotta say... not all the girls there were exactly WISE about boy-folk.
* Still Alli: My heart went directly into my stomach when the Bandharis started looking through Alli's file in Simpson's office. Do you know the feeling I mean... that 'omg, I'm caught' feeling? Boooo that feeling.
* KC and Jenna: Did KC have a right to be pissed about the way Jenna "came out" as pregnant? Or did he lose all rights to be mad about anything the second he basically abandoned her?
*And don't worry: Eli's back in the next episode, promise. He was suspended in this week's ep, 'cause of Vegas Night.
Did you watch it yet? 'Cause if not, SPOILERS BELOW. You can click here to watch the Gigantic premiere right now. Once you're caught up... let's talk.
* Did it make you want to be the child of an A-list movie star, or stay as far the hell away from Hollywood as you can, forever?
* Who's your favorite character? (I'm personally leaning toward Piper.)
* What did you think of Vanessa? I vacillate between feeling really sorry for her (anyone who's in a situation where they decide to become an emancipated minor is usually dealing with some stuff that no one should have to deal with) and being like, VANESSA. CALM DOWN. The world is not a) the enemy, b) the competition, OR c) characters in the Story of You.
* Anna and Joey... think they'd make a good couple?
* How about Walt and Maggie? And... If Maggie knew who Walt was from the very beginning, but pretended to go along with him being "Tom"... do you think that makes Maggie shady? Or is it understandable that she'd play along?
OK. I'm trying to get as much music info as I can get from all the episodes for you guys... Here are all the music cues I could find from tonight's Degrassi and Gigantic premieres. Hope they're helpy if you're looking for a particular song!
Sadly I didn't have enough time to figure out which scene each song is in -- but you could let each other know in the comments if you figure one out!
- "Welcome to L.A." by Official Hot Mess
- "C.L.U.B." by MNDR
- "Someday" by Quanteisha Benjamin
- "Independence" and "Dream Big" from our very own Jessica Tyler, aka Jenna.
- "Dreams Dissolve" by Catherine McLellan
- "Maybelline" by Zaac Pick
- "Stay" by Jesse Thomas off her Heartbreaker EP (She's hard to search for but I def. saw this song in iTunes -- that's her pic on the left.)
- "Girls Who Believe" by Meredith Shaw
- "Happiness" by Jaylene Johnson
- And since so many have asked... the song from the fall promo is "So Easy" by Gina Cutillo.
- Posted on 10/07/2010 by Mary
Well, I looked through the comments to yesterday's post, and I got you a present for Degrassi Spirit Week Thursday. A big, beautiful, locker-worthy present.
I hope you like it.
- Posted on 10/07/2010 by Mary
Alli wants a fresh start... one that doesn't include letting the guy who went to the boiler room with Bianca come waltzing back into her life. But does she have the strength to stay away?
And we all know what's behind that big ol' guitar, but the Next Teen Star audience doesn't... what will they think if they find out?
- Posted on 10/06/2010 by Mary
Gigantic is only two nights away from now, and it's weird... looking through the gossip rags this week I just keep seeing all these themes from the show: the ways having famous parents changes things, but also the ways in which those families are really just like the rest of ours'...
Jennie Garth says her 13 year-old daughter is actually embarrassed that her dad, Peter Facinelli, is Carlisle Cullen in the Twilight movies. "She's like, 'Let's not talk anything Twilight. Don't mention it. Wear a hat to my school.' She's a little embarrassed by it, she wants people to like her for her and not because of him, or want to come to our house because of that."
Rumer Willis and her boyfriend Micah Alberti broke up. Which is painful enough... and then having a bunch of complete strangers like me a) know about it and b) write about it must be that much extra painful. I guess at least Rumer is surrounded by loving family who know the ropes of dealing with heartbreak in the public eye.
And I can't help but feel SO WEIRD about the way the Jolie-Pitt kids and Suri Cruise are considered such public property, living public lives through no choice of their own... and also not really knowing any other life. Aren't you curious what they'll be like in high school? Whether they'll be OK because they have loving parents, or whether all the unwanted attention will mess with them somehow?
- Posted on 10/06/2010 by Mary
Degrassi Spirit Week Wednesday = let's hear it for the boys!
Two nights until we get to see Eli again! And Drew! And Adam, and Wesley and... Owen... and ALL OF THEM IN STANDARD ISSUE KHAKI PANTS! Be still m'heart.
Of all the new Degrassi boys introduced this summer during the Boiling Point, who's your favorite? (As for these pics, I'm leaving Fitz out because of the whole "getting carted off in a cop car at the end of Vegas night" bit, and I reluctantly include Owen because he's so MEAN, but... I know some of you are into him and I guess Jay Hogart was fairly mean when we first met him, too.)
- Posted on 10/05/2010 by Mary
You know what we haven't done in a while? DEGRASSI SPIRIT WEEK! (Here's looking at you, Creat1Ve.)
With the Degrassi premiere happening this Friday, and a school full of sad kids going back to what looks like a pretty spiritless school, we OWE it to them to freak the hell out this week. We owe those poor, beleaguered, so-very-disciplined students a pep rally!
We owe them... a new Degrassi Facebook taggable!
Here you go... use it to tag the Eli in your life. Ooh, which raises a question... if you tag someone as Eli, and they know you love Eli, is that basically telling that person that you love them?
Oh, and if you still want the older pre-Boiling Point versions... here's a link to the pre-Boiling Point Degrassi Facebook taggable... and here's a link to the Old School Degrassi Facebook taggable. Sadly, I have no super-super-old-school, like back-when-Mr.-Simpson-went-to-Degrassi version, sorry. But I would totally be Spike.
- Posted on 10/04/2010 by Chairman Nick Cannon
Exciting times up in the TeenNick offices! Our long-awaited brand new site is up, our long-awaited brand new series Gigantic is coming your way Friday, and also that show called Degrassi is coming back. That's a lot for a busted old, too-cold New York Monday! We haven't had this much excitement since Degrassi: The Boiling Point started up!
Anyway, I hope you're finding your way around the new site and clicking this and commenting on that and seeing what's up with your new online world.
Tell me what you think. And I can't wait for you to see Gigantic this weekend... it's gonna be large, haha.
Keep it locked,
- Posted on 10/04/2010 by Mary
This is just a quickie to let you know the message boards are over here if you were having trouble finding them. Also if you're bummed because you can't find the Lounge, Fan Fic, Music, Current Events, or RPG boards (or others like them)... there's a "next" button at the top of the MBs page; that's where the rest of the boards are. (We couldn't get them all on one page, sorry!)
And also, I mentioned I would help you find your old friends once we got here; here's the trick:
In the address bar (or URL bar), just type http://community.teennick.com/profile/your friend's old username. Where "your friend's old username" would actually be... your friend's old username. If they kept their username from the old site, that'll be them. Makey sensey?
Otherwise, hope you're getting accustomed to the new site. I know it's always weird when a site you go to a lot changes, but soon enough you can be just as settled in here as you were before. Grab a pillow :)