Blog | teennick
- Posted on 05/05/2010 by Lisa
Tonight we're showing the episode of Full House where Gia hooks Stephanie up with this guy Bobby. When Steph and Bobby meet, he tries to make out with her about two seconds later. She's a little freaked, but then she gives it a shot. If you like watching awkward makeout sessions, this one's a TV classic.
Seriously, though... If a Bobby-ish person in your life (somebody you've noticed, but never talked to) said "Hi" and started kissing you, would you be into it?
Are there any special circumstances that would affect your decision? (If the person is un-buh-lievably cute? If your favorite slow song is playing in the background?)
- Posted on 05/04/2010 by Mary
Remember that time on That '70s Show when the guys went to a "nudie flick" and Kelso felt guilty and told Jackie about it and she was psyched that he was honest with her, so he told her all about how that time she asked if he'd washed his hands before they made out and he said yes, actually he hadn't and he' d been petting dogs right before? That was awesome.
And then Jackie says something about "selective honesty" so I was wondering... which of these items would you "select" to be honest with your bf/gf about?
1) Your bf/gf directly asks you whether you think a guy/girl you know in real life is cute.
2) Your bf/gf directly asks you whether you think a celebrity guy/girl is cute.
3) A friend of yours is talking about a guy/girl who was just flirting with them. You think that the girl/guy is attractive and you're psyched for your friend. Do you volunteer, "Nice, that guy/girl is cute!" to your friend in the presence of your bf/gf?
4) Someone who doesn't realize you 're in a relationship asks you out.
5) Someone who knows you have a bf /gf (and knows who it is) has been sending you flirty texts.
6) Your bf/gf bakes you cookies and they're weirdly super-salty.
7) Your bf/gf got a bad new haircut, in your opinion.
8) Your bf/gf kind of needs to floss.
9) Your bf/gf is morally against violent video games and would think it was lame if you played them, but you played one at a friend's house.
10) Your bf/gf is like mortal enemies with someone from his/her old school, and you end up going to a party at their house and think they're kind of nice, actually.
- Posted on 05/03/2010 by Mary
I was just thinking...
On Degrassi, Clare can sometimes seem younger than some of her friends: less experienced, more "innocent" -- just buying a black bra was like whoa for her.
But other times she seems older than everyone: less impulsive, a little wiser -- she's the kind of person who will give you the smart advice, not just the "omg, you're so right" treatment. And she's doing way-beyond-her-years academic work.
Would you say Clare is more mature than the other students at Degrassi... or less mature?
- Posted on 05/01/2010 by Mary
Did you see our new Obsess This thingy? It was on at 10 am et today (like cartoons, but with Taylor Swift and Big Time Rush) and it's on again at noon et on Sunday (cereal + music + sleeping in = weekend gold). You can see the videos over here, too, if ya like.
Anyway, what with Justin Bieber's "Baby" being up there, I thought now was as good a time as any to have a Justin Bieber debate in the comments!
1) Are you a fan, or are you rolling your eyes right now?
2) Whether you'd buy his stuff or not... how talented do you think he is on a scale from 1 -10? One being "kind of like those first episodes of American Idol every season where they trot out the crazies" and 10 being "Basically Michael Jackson".
3) And... would you kick him out of your car if he asked for a ride home?
- Posted on 04/30/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW! SKIP THIS if you haven't watched the new Degrassi episode!
Otherwise, let's dish:
1) GO PETER! Doing the right thing, taking care of business! It's about time! Did you think he had it in him?
2) Peter's so right, every town needs cool all-ages place to see shows and hang out. Too many places are 18+ an 21+ even though it's the under-18s who love music the MOST. Do you have a place to go for all-ages music? (Oh wait, look... if you're not sure, check this directory of all-ages venues across the country! So psyched this exists!)
3) I want Tuscany to change my life :( Have you ever traveled anywhere interesting?
4) I love that Clare bought a black bra just to have, just for her own private knowledge. I wonder if Mrs. Edwards will freak, haha. What's your parents' stance on sexy underwear for someone your age?
5) You know, one of the things that sucks the most about high school is that if you ever have a break-up, you're probably going to have to see your ex and their new bf/gf in action all the time. Once you're out of school, it's so much easier to avoid that visual. Have you ever had to watch an ex indulge in PDA with your replacement?
- Posted on 04/30/2010 by Lisa
If you've already taken your driver's test, what advice would you give someone who hasn't? If you passed, you're full of useful info -- but even if you failed your test, you might have a few tips that'd help somebody else pass.
In the episode of Drake & Josh that's on right now, Drake doesn't get his license because he runs four stop signs (and does a bunch of other things wrong) during the test. Tip #1: Stop signs mean STOP. All the way. Take it from Drake.
If you've ever taken a driver's test, please answer these:
1) What are the most important things to know for the road test?
2) What were the hardest questions on the written test?
3) If you've ever taken a driver's test and failed, what did you do wrong?
4) Got any other driver's test advice?
- Posted on 04/27/2010 by Mary
We keep seeing things like this pop up on Twitter... and we can definitely relate, sometimes. Ever feel like you're living through your own personal Degrassi episode?
cheeriocaliente @eiresiren *texts* life? Growing pains? idk. My life is like one giant episode of Degrassi and not in the fun way.
leiachristina If only my life was an episode of degrassi.
Joey_Da_Realist Life Feels Like Degrassi ;
Elaina_is_rrrad Lately, my life is like Degrassi :(
YourNameHere24 I love how "Degrassi-like" my life keeps getting...
- Posted on 04/26/2010 by Mary
Especially the one about the robo-babies. And the ones where Conan O'Brien and Amy Poehler and Will Arnett and Rob Corddry guest starred.
If you've never seen it, you're missing out.
- Posted on 04/25/2010 by Mary
This week, Jajube Mandiela (aka Chantay on Degrassi) answers five questions... and now we want to hang out with her so bad.
What was the first rock show/concert you ever went to, and what was the BEST rock show/concert you ever went to?
First concert: I went to lots of small venue concerts with local and independent artists throughout my really young child and early teen years, but the first large venue concert was PsychoBlast 2000 featuring Christina Aguilera (and popular Canadian groups)
And the BEST: k-os's concert at the Molson Amphitheatre here in Toronto (July 2005)
What makes you cranky? And what gets you un-cranky?
Being really hungry & really sleepy = soooooo cranky. To get uncranky, either sleep or food makes me happy again!
When you doodle, what do you draw?
I often doodle on theatre scripts during rehearsal (when we are reading through and discussing the play and such), and I find myself doodling flowers, swirls, hearts, words, eyes, eyebrows and sometimes even lips.
What do you think makes a good Degrassi episode?
When the storyline is about a classic, teen issue that teens, parents and everyone else can relate to, most likely because they or someone they know has lived it (like one of the Dave Season 9 storylines where he tries to become cool at school by standing up to bully, Bruce).
And a user question from IcyTowerz: Who do you most relate to as a character?
Holly J's ambition: she is so driven, motivated and successful. I do not relate to her mean, step-on-other-people to get whatever she needs methods, but her drive is so passionate and relatable.
(Hey, btw, If you have a question suggestion for a Degrassi star, let me know, k? K!)
- Posted on 04/23/2010 by Chairman Nick Cannon
It's TRUE, people! We've got a new Degrassi movie, and we're not scared to use it! Coming soon to your living room.
Now I know y'all are sitting there, getting mad at your computers for not being able to watch the new promo frame by frame by frame, so I had someone pull a couple out for you.
I can't tell you what's happening in these, but I can tell you this: Jay looks smooth. What's up, Jay, who's your tailor?
As for what's up with everyone else... you're just gonna have to wait for the movie, I guess. (But for now, you're welcome to holla at ya Chairman with your best guesses in the comments.)
- Chairman Nick