Blog | willow smith
- Posted on 10/20/2010 by Mary
* Celebu-daughter Willow Smith (Will and Jada Pinkett Smith's daughter) -- whose age won't even hit double digits until next week -- went on 106 and Park this week to debut her first music video -- watch the interview here. Observations:
1) Oh my god. That song is genuinely awesome. "I whip my HAIR back and forth..." She reminds me of Li'l Mama! Or maybe like Extra-Tiny Mama. And her performance in the video is like... that girl is NINE? And not in a "she's acting too mature for her age" way; in a "that girl has STYLE" way.
2) I will always love Willow Smith's hair. Always. Her whole look actually. She's like an even younger Tavi Gevinson.
3) I wanted to hug her when she cried 'cause they gave her a plaque (around 10:30 in that 106 and Park video)!
4) Do you guys think she's too young? To handle what comes along with fame? I mean in so many ways she looks like she's just having a ball but... remember how people felt comfortable saying mean things about Miley Cyrus in print even when she was only like 15, 16? Pleeease don't anyone start saying horrible things about Willow Smith! It seems like her parents keep things sane around that house -- she talked in the video about how she's not allowed on twitter yet -- so hopefully they'll help her keep perspective if she ever goes through fame backlash.
* T.I. helped talk a suicidal man down from jumping from an Atlanta skyscraper last week -- and had a sincere heart-to-heart with him afterwards. The story's here. While the conversation they had won't solve all of that guy's problems, the most important thing is that T.I. interrupted the attempt and the man was taken to a hospital where he'll get the help he needs. Says T.I., "It wasn't heroism. It was just me listening to my spirit. I have a very hard time taking any credit for it. It was God's work. I just showed up."
* And did Russell Brand and Katy Perry already get quietly married? Maybe? He's reportedly wearing a wedding band already. But, maybe he's just having fun with the paps? Who knows.