Blog | TeenNick Top 10
- Posted on 04/02/2010 by Mary
Holly J said, "Sav's grown up enough to have sex; he's grown up enough to tell his parents he has a girlfriend."
True that, and furthermore... if Sav and Anya are grown up enough to have sex, they're BOTH grown up enough to have made a much more thorough, concrete plan for how they were going to prevent a pregnancy -- a pregnancy that would deeply affect both of their lives -- instead of, like, a two sentence conversation two seconds before it happened.
As they say at stayteen.org," Teen pregnancy is 100% preventable. (Unless it's the result of sexual violence.) What else can you say that about? Either don't have sex at all, or use protection every single time."
- Posted on 04/02/2010 by Mary
MASSIVE, DEGRASSI-RUINING SPOILERS ARE BELOW. I beg of you, do not read these questions 'til you've seen the episode ok? OK.
Now, for the prepared among us...
1) How do you think Sav should have handled the Farrah debacle? I can see why Holly J and Chantay were kind of clucking their tongues at Anya over it all, but at the same time, I kind of felt like Sav was handling it as best he could under the circumstances. How 'bout you?
2) And did you hate Farrah? 'Cause I kind of didn't. And I kind of felt like she might justifiably feel like "I saw him first," since she's been told she was going to marry him since she was a little kid.
3) Oh my God, in the last scene... Anya crying and having that talk with Sav? I wanted to die and then hug her and then die again. What an AMAZING performance by Samantha, that was so real my chest hurt. Maybe the best breakup scene ever on Degrassi? Your thoughts?
4) Do you think Sav was right to break up with Anya? I'm furious with her for lying about something SO incredibly life-altering and important, too. But I'm also kind of dumbfounded that he thought one simple question and a non-answer in the limo was an adequate birth control discussion.
5 ) Johnny DiMarco: "I guess you can't just choose your friends." Interesting take on life, eh? In a weird way, he kind of has a point...
6) Alli and Dave? Chemistry? Thoughts?
- Posted on 04/01/2010 by Mary
We asked Samantha Munro 5 questions; she gave us 5 answers. The universe is balanced indeed. Get to know her!
< b>What was the first rock show/concert you ever went to, and what was the BEST rock show/concert you ever went to?
Same answer for both... Blink 182. It was my first concert and it was only last year (that's right, I was 18 years old). I screamed the entire time and I lost my voice for 2 days.
What makes you cranky? And what gets you un-cranky?
I don't like being cold. I think I was supposed to be born in a tropical location. What makes me un-cranky??? Sun and a baggy sweater
When you doodle, what do yo u draw?
I always draw a moose. In fact, I'm quite famous for my moose. His name is Alvin. He's cute.
What do you think makes a good Degrassi episode?
I really like it when something shocking happens that yo u weren't expecting. When you have that OMG moment. I also enjoy it when we get to see why characters are the way they are. For example, why Riley had anger issues or why Holly J was so nasty.
And a user question from kisstojake: What's been your most embarrassing moment on set?
We were filming a scene where I was walking through a door, and, to put it simply, the door didn't open and I walked smack into the glass. I whacked my face right into it. Classic.
- Posted on 03/30/2010 by Mary
Just stumbled on this in ye olde photo archives.
- Posted on 03/29/2010 by Lisa
Before the Kids' Choice Awards, I was on the orange carpet, posting live updates for nick.com, and I got to meet Melinda Shankar (Alli) and Sam Earle (K.C.) from Degrassi. It was the first time any of us had been at the KCAs, so we were all really excited to be there.
I got to talk to a bunch of celebrities, but I think I got the most excited to meet Melinda and Sam, just because I love watching them on Degrassi. If you're wondering, they were both so nice in person.
Don't they look great?
- Posted on 03/26/2010 by Mary
Who's the Emma in your group of friends, and who's the Manny? Who's the Declan and who's the Holly J? We made some Degrassi photo grids for you to grab and tag your friends on facebook, or wheresoever you prefer tagging your friends. (And invite them over for brand new episodes April 2 at 9p et omg!)
Way too many people have graced the halls of Degrassi for one grid, so:
Here's the "new school" version: Holly J, Declan, Fiona, Clare, K.C., Jenna, Sav, Anya, etc.
And here's the "old school" version: Manny, Ellie, Paige, Marco, Ashley, Emma, Craig, Sean, Jay, Heather Sinclair, etc.
- Posted on 03/26/2010 by Chairman Nick Cannon
Did you think the HALO Awards were done and over? Heck naw, that was just the beginning!
Check out the "HALO effect" 2009 HALO Award Winner Darrius has set off in South Carolina, where he's runnin' it in college and spreading hope and encouragement at a local middle school.
And hey, while I got you here... do you know anyone with a heart as big as Darrius'? Don't be shy, nominate them for a HALO Award!
- Posted on 03/25/2010 by Mary
You never know... someone out there might be reading this on the very day they found out they got cheated on. (In a way, Holly from What I Like About You found out Vince cheated on her today... and in another way, she found that out years ago but who's counting.)
Let's show Holly and everyone else that they're not alone; everyone who's ever been cheated on, raise your hands in the comments and tell us:
1) What happened? And who with?
2) How'd you find out?
3) Did you dump immediately or try to work it out?
4) Are you OK? Do you want a hug?
- Posted on 03/24/2010 by Mary
I am in the mood for sharing. Can we share? Ok. I'll go first:
I just heard that Sam Earle (K.C.) and Melinda Shankar (Alli) will both be going to the KCAs on Saturday night!
Ok now you share: Make up a KCA you would give to Sam and Melinda! 'Cause they sure as poop deserve 'em even if they weren't nominated harrumph. Who cares, they don't need no boring old favorite TV actor and actress awards. (I'm gonna give Melinda "Favorite performance of the word 'awesome'." And Sam gets... "Most Believable Cute-Yet-Smart boy.)
- Posted on 03/21/2010 by Mary
Did you know Uncle Jesse's last name changes between season 1 and season 2 of Full House? I didn't until I read one of our message board threads... apparently John Stamos wanted it to be more Greek so they changed it from Cochran to Katsopolis.
If you could change your last name to anything, anything at all... what would it be? ( Points deducted for just using your crush's last name, sorry.) Create your new identity in the comments...