Blog | TeenNick Top 10
- Posted on 05/01/2011 by Mary
This year... right now... May Day is Jay Day!
The day we randomly, for no particular reason -- other than that we saw #JayDay getting discussed by Degrassi fans (such as @DegrassiDaily and @HeatherPoulette) on Twitter a lot and we're as obsessed with Jay as anyone and come on, Mike Lobel is stupid hot -- talk a whole heck of a lot about Jay and how awesome he was/is and how much we LOVED the Degrassi Mini where his secret identity was revealed:
Before Fitz, or Owen, or even DiMarco... there was Jay.
Untrustworthy (at first)...
Kinda skeevy in a hot way...
Resourceful if not academically successful...
And frankly kind of a d-bag for a couple years there and did some messed up stuff that we have decided to pretend never happened because we like Mike Lobel...
And also because he was: Funny...
Good with cars...
A decent friend... sometimes... eventually...
And a big ol' softie when it came down to it.
Tell us in the comments, what do YOU love about Jay?
If you had to choose between Jay and waffles with ice cream, which would you choose?
How many Jays would it take to screw in a lightbulb?
If a Jay fell in the woods and there was no one there to hear, would he make out with me?
Remember that time I told Mike Lobel I loved him and he was cool about it because he's so nice?
What would you wear on your first date with Jay?
What's your favorite color shirt for Jay to wear?
Remember how saucy he was in the "On the Set" video from Degrassi Goes Hollywood?
How many times do you want to watch "Redemption Song" (the one where Jay goes to Bible camp) right now?
Is JayDay weirding you out? It's ok. You can just close your eyes and pretend it's not happening while the rest of us dance around the Jay fire in coveralls and practice our fancy British accents and our knowing smirks.
OH LOOK! Here are way too many pictures of Jay!
Jay Hogart and Emma Nelson, in nature.
Jay Hogart (or is that Mike Lobel?), about to melt the lockers with his hotness.
Mike Lobel, ruining a camera's life because it will never take a picture that hot again (left) and with BFF Cassie Steele (right).
Jay Hogart and his lucky leading ladies
Did we mention he's good with cars?
Jay Hogart, in one of the most oft-cited "most intense moments" of Degrassi
- Posted on 04/26/2011 by Mary
- Posted on 04/25/2011 by Mary
You probably smelled weird, guzzled way too much gas, and your repairs were no doubt frequent, costly, and time-consuming -- not to mention the whole "eugh" factor of your uh, former job...
But you were a goodly little (big) hearse, and we will miss your presence on Degrassi.
Fare thee well, old friend (and I do mean OLD), as you join all those other dearly departed whom you used to ferry to their final resting places.
Morty, Clare, and Eli, in happier times, on Degrassi
Please add any words of remembrance you'd like to share in the comments.
- Posted on 04/23/2011 by Mary
Next month, Buffy hits TeenNick.
Either that sentence gave you heart palpitations of super-stokedness (as it did for me and Lisa), or you are one of the luckiest people on Earth... because you're about to discover one of the best TV shows.
BTVS is coming to TeenNick in May
- Posted on 04/22/2011 by Lisa
Here's a list of the songs from Drop the World, pt. 2:
"Head Over Heels" by Digital Daggers
Check the Degrassi page for a sample.
"Shake Suga Shake" by Codi Jordan
"Running" by The Jefferson
"Ignite" by Ali Pierre
"Stupid Boy" by Lisha Cash
"A Little Bit (reloaded)" by Alexz Johnson
"Big Love" by Parlovr
"Don't Be Deceived" by Philip LaRue
- Posted on 04/22/2011 by Mary
SPOILAGE BELOW. Click here to watch the full "Drop the World, pt. 2" episode before reading any further!
Clare reacts to Eli on Degrassi: In Too Deep, Drop the World pt. 2
1) Well... those of us lucky enough not to get the finale spoiled for us sure did get a scare tonight... what did you think??
2) I know some people were feeling kind of anti-Clare because of her pulling away from Eli... but you've gotta admit, staying with someone out of fear for how they'll handle it probably is a horrible basis for a relationship. Given how unstable Eli was in these last two episodes... do you think Clare Clare really could have stayed with him?
3) I have to admit I kind of didn't get why Anya was so insistent that Holly J needed to know about Fiona's crush on her. Obviously spilling the beans behind her back was not the best Friend Move ever, but... do you think Anya was right that Holly J needed to know about the crush?
4) How would you handle it (or have you handled it) if someone whom you loved as a friend -- but whom you could never be romantically interested in -- had a crush on you?
5) You know, for some reason it only dawned on me in this episode, as I was wondering why Bianca was at the "bachelor party" -- Bianca has zero female friends. Unless those other girls in the background of the scene were friends of hers. I know some girls just prefer guys as friends... would you be comfortable at a party where you were the only girl/guy?
6) Eeeeee Degrassi's coming back this summer! High five!
- Posted on 04/21/2011 by Mary
We asked you to Show Us Your Degrassi... check out some of the Degrassi-tastic stuff you sent in!
journeySinger made an entire Degrassi: Whatever It Takes board game, SO EPIC! It starts at Degrassi and ends at Toronto U, and you collect "plot lines" along the way, and, "There's a spot on the board for a Coyne toss. Get it?" (And the coin is a Canadian penny!) Check journeySinger's profile for more pictures! I<3degrassi &eli clare synthesized the current state of all of the Degrassi love quadrangles and pentagons into this handy schematic. So convenient! Our very own quizzer and blogger Lisa made a pair of crafty Degrassi shoes. Nee is a prolific Show Us Your Degrassi-er... on her profile, there are sketches of many Degrassi characters plus two different collages on her walls (next to all her Harry Potter stuff, but of course). ClocheDoux made this "Incarnations of Degrassi" graphic, drawing the parallels between season 3 and season 10 characters. So much to discuss here... such as Craig being currently incarnated as Fiona and Eli! And Paige being a little bit Bianca, a little bit Holly J. I'm sure there's much for fans to debate here... And alyx_withay drew this portrait of Wesley / Spencer Van Wyck looking ever so wide-eyed and sweet, like Wesley always does.
(If you can't see the video above these words, click here to watch.
Here, write this on your hand before your next first date... priceless dating advice from Munro Chambers:
Don't be creep.
Have you anything to add to the list?
Would Degrassi's Charlotte Arnold (aka Holly J) ever consider dating a fan? And what's the "Sunshine Lounge"? Find out in part 2 of her photo shoot interview:
(If you can't see the video above these words, click here to watch.)
What about you... would you date a Degrassi fan? ;)
Happy Degrassi Spirit Week Wednesday! This is your last chance to Show Us Your Degrassi, so get on that!
And... here's a little prezzie we made you for the finale! It fits nicely as your Facebook profile pic, or you could print it out and hang it up wherever you want it, or... just look at it and smile. (To grab this, right click or ctrl-click the image and choose "save image as" or similar.)
Do Not Disturb - Watching Degrassi banner for yr Facebook!
Two more days til "Drop the World, pt. 2"... get ready!