Blog | TeenNick Top 10
- Posted on 02/24/2011 by Lisa
Is Alli's new friendship with Malaika more trouble than it's worth? Check out the first scene of The Way We Get By, pt. 2 and decide for yourself:
Alli and Malaika do have a lot in common -- but is that a good thing? Where do you think their friendship is headed?
Want to see the rest of the episode? Watch TeenNick, FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9pm ET!
- Posted on 02/23/2011 by Mary
Argiris Karras, aka Argy, aka Riley on Degrassi, seems just as relaxed as can be backstage at this photo shoot:
And he looks pretty relaxed in front of the camera at that photo shoot, too. Also: rather huggable.
- Posted on 02/22/2011 by Mary
"God, [x]'s so beautiful. Stupid, but beautiful." -- ???
Ooh... who do you think says it on Friday's new Degrassi ep? And who are they saying it about? Drop a guess in the comments...
- Posted on 02/21/2011 by Mary
The digital version's been out for a few weeks but the CD version of the Degrassi: The Boiling Point soundtrack drops tomorrow (Tuesday), fyi. You can pre-order now if you prefer having something to shove directly into your car stereo's mouth.
- Posted on 02/21/2011 by Lisa
Who wants to see a few photos from the new episode of Degrassi that airs this Friday? Ziley fans, that's who.
Sneak peek pics from Friday's new episode of Degrassi, The Way We Get By, pt. 2, are up! Check out the whole batch, right here.
whoozbad01 says "seeing Ziley together again is so perfect!" Do you think Riley's mom will ever feel that way?
- Posted on 02/19/2011 by Mary
Just when Riley and Zane are really starting to figure out their relationship... life comes crashing down on them.
I'm curious: how much privacy do your parents give you when you have friends over... would they have knocked before coming in?
- Posted on 02/18/2011 by Mary
If you didn't watch the new Degrassi: In Too Deep episode, go watch it now so we can process our feelings together.
SPOILERS BELOW UNLESS YOU'RE ALL CAUGHT UP ON TONIGHT'S EP.
OK. Let's process.
* Drianca? Brew? First of all what should Drew and Bianca's couple name be, but second of all: should they even be a couple? I guess one good thing is that she'll never let him walk all over her... and I don't know, ever since Bianca said she might want to be a jewelry maker in that self esteem seminar... I've kind of been like, "maybe she's human?" What's your take?
* ZILEY!. Eek. How bad do you think this is going to be in the Stavros household?
* "Sometimes being a good boyfriend means doing things that suck." Ain't it the truth -- and sometimes being a good girlfriend means doing things that suck, too. What are your personal limits -- how much would you be willing to compromise on activities you find boring or scary or lame, if it mattered to your bf/gf?
* Also, dig the haircut, Riley. Nice work, Anya.
* Is it me, or is Jenna the judgiest pregnant teen ever? Or do you feel like she has a right to judge Bianca, just because Bianca is so completely beyond the pale?
* This Malaika girl. I'm pretty sure I don't trust her. Why can't Alli find a nice Clare-type at the Beechwood Private Preparatory School for Young Ladies?
- Posted on 02/18/2011 by Mary
If you were wondering about any of the songs you heard on this week's Degrassi, here you go! Info on all the songs, including commentary from the Degrassi Music Team (the quotes in italics) about how those songs ended up there!
"Time to Win" by Down With Webster
From the basketball game at the beginning of the ep.
Check the Degrassi page for a sample.
"We love, love, love Down With Webster - we had to have them in Degrassi. We tried this over a bunch of scenes until this one landed - and it couldn't have looked better. Another rocking song to score Drew's life at Degrassi."
"So Easy" by Gina Cutillo
Alli and Malaika make "friends".
"Gina caught up with Stephen Stohn on twitter and offered up her music. The song made its way to us and then into the cut. Just goes to show you, if you never try, you neverwin!"
"Breakdown" by Ketch Harbour Wolves
From the scene when Drew and Bianca talk about their past... and end up making out.
"Ketch Harbour Wolves are sincerely, genuinely nice gentlemen, and as their band name suggests, their music is as warm and inviting as the picturesque image of a distant wolf howling to a distant moon. Wrapped in a sepia tone of guitar reverb, this song and its lyrics give us shivers still. It brings a little maturity to the otherwise immature Drew and Bianca."
"Chewed Up" by Gloria Cycles
From Riley and Zane's little talk.
"We were just looking for fun and a little silliness, and this song fit the bill. We love the vocals and the lyrics are perfect for Drew's shenanigans. Just a ton of fun. "
"Gasoline Handshake" by The British Columbians
From the last basketball game in the episode.
"A dirty rock song for this gritty scene, The British Columbians deliver angst and uncertainty - but we know Drew's going to win, right? Another point for the Degrassi editors who championed this handshake and lit it on fire."
- Posted on 02/17/2011 by Lisa
If you just can't wait any longer for new Degrassi, here's a sneak peek at the first scene of The Way We Get By, pt. 1.
I kinda-sorta feel sorry for Drew, but that doesn't mean I'd set him up with one of my friends. Would you?
Watch the rest, FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9pm ET!
- Posted on 02/16/2011 by Mary
If all that future civilizations unearthed about Luke Bilyk were this quickie interview with him backstage at a Degrassi photo shoot, at least they would know that Luke Bilyk is a dude who likes lunch, and likes to scare people.
Also, here, have a nice big picture of him. That one in your locker is getting kind of ratty around the edges.