Blog | TeenNick Top 10
- Posted on 12/04/2014 by TeenNickBlogger
It's holiday time at TeenNick Top 10 headquarters and St. Nick is ready to party!
Join us on Friday at 10pm ET for a totally festive, totally frosty and totally fa la la fun TeenNick Top 10 NCredible Holiday Mix. We'll be playing all your favorite holiday tunes... plus getting into some antics with St. Nick and his elves.
But there's more holiday cheer to go around! Fresh Artist Kalin and Myles will stop by to chat their brand new EP, what it's like being on the road and... girlfriends?
Plus, Top 10 fave Kendall Schmidt of Heffron Drive will make an appearance for this week's Top 10 Interview Takeover! Y'all ready for this?
Glad tidings to you, TeenNick Top fans. We will see you on Friday at 10pm ET to jingle bell rock it out.
- Posted on 11/27/2014 by TeenNickBlogger
This week on TeenNick Top 10, it's all about Helping And Leading Others. The 2014 HALO Awards are coming to Nickelodeon this Sunday, November 30th to honor kids who are out their doing good in their communities. And guess what? The hour-long concert special will feature some MAJOR musical acts who just happen to be stopping by TeenNick Top 10 this week! Maybe you've heard of them...
Don't be jealous...
We're not looking for any treble...
We just want you watch Nick Cannon emcee a master playlist of music videos and catch up with three of this year's HALO Awards performers: Nick Jonas, Meghan Trainor and Echosmith!
And don't forget to vote for our two brand-new categories, The Heater and Fan Favorite! If you've got a favorite video or artist, show us your superstar fandom.
It all goes down Friday at 10pm ET! And don't forget to watch the 2014 HALO Awards concert on Sunday, November 30th at 7pm ET!
- Posted on 11/21/2014 by TeenNickBlogger
"I got my heart stolen from a robber with some high heels on," croons Kalin White, one half of the Bay Area duo Kalin and Myles. If this chorus hasn't been stuck in your head for weeks, let us enlighten you: Kalin and Myles, comprised of White and his rapping partner-in-crime Myles Parrish, use their respective talents to create a of blend pop and hip-hop that's totally irresistible.
We caught up with our Fresh Artist to get all the deets on what it's like to make music together, their new EP "Chase Dreams" and, um, something about lucky underwear? Check out our exclusive interview below!
1. How did Kalin and Myles come to be? How did you two meet and start working together?
Myles was throwing a house party and one of our mutual friends brought Kalin over. This was in 2006 and neither of us at the time we're making music. It wasn't until a few years later in 2010 where we officially got into the studio a.k.a. Myles' room and made our first song called "More Than Friends"
2. Can you describe your new EP "Chase Dreams" in three words?
Fun! Positive! Hyphy!
3. What's one of the coolest things a member of the KAMFAM has done for you?
One cool thing a KAMFAM member has done recently for us is made a huge collage poster with pictures of a lot of the KAMFAM :)
4. What is the best part about making music and being on tour together?
Best part about making music and being on tour together is that you get to do it with your best friend rather than on your own. Helps with creativity too because you can bounce ideas off each other.
5. What is one thing you would want a brand new fan to know about you and/or your music?
If there is something that they are passionate about we would just encourage them to chase their dreams, anything is possible!
RAPID FIRE QUESTIONS
And now, the rapid fire round! We asked Kalin & Myles a series of silly questions, and here are the first things that came to mind!
If you want to catch more of Kalin & Myles, head over to the TeenNick Top 10 page! And don't forget to tune in tonight at 10pm ET!
- Posted on 11/20/2014 by TeenNickBlogger
Alright Top 10 fans, we made it to Thursday. Only one more day until the most celebrated day of the week! (I mean, what other weekday can boast its own acronym?!) That's right, TGIF and TGI almost time for a brand-new TeenNick Top 10. 10pm ET. On your tele screens.
This week, prepare for some fresh new faces on Nick Cannon's countdown, which may or may not include a former Jonas Brother... Or a high-powered trio of divas... You'll just have to tune in to see which show-stopping and shimmy-inducing videos made the cut!
But remember, we're counting on you to VOTE for two brand-new categories, The Heater and Fan Favorite! The Heater category includes acts are burning up the charts and the Fan Favorite puts two TeenNick favorites in the ultimate battle for YOUR adoration. Who will win?
And here's where it gets really good: This Friday, you'll meet our Fresh Artist, Kalin & Myles, a hip-hop duo from the Bay Area in California. Their hit-in-the-making "Love Robbery" is, quite ironically, stealing hearts everywhere.
We are also stoked to have baseball star and all-around NCredible athlete Mo'Ne Davis join us for a chat about being the first female to pitch a shut out in Little League history. Not bad for a 13-year-old.
Don't forget about our plans Friday at 10pm ET! Pencil us in!
- Posted on 11/13/2014 by TeenNickBlogger
The countdown to the weekend just got a little more intense. TeenNick Top 10 is back this Friday and ready to rock your socks off... or at least your shoes because tomorrow at 10pm ET you better park it on the couch!
That is, until you get up to dance along with Nick's hot new playlist of the BEST videos of the week. We're talking big names, you guys, like Ariana Grande, Ed Sheearn and that girl, I think you've heard of her before... Taylor Swift?
Tune in Friday to find out exactly which videos made cut because our host-as-hot-as-toast, Nick Cannon, will handpick the most sizzling videos for your viewing, dancing and sing-a-long-ing pleasure.
But don't think you're off the hook! Make sure to VOTE for two brand-new categories, The Heater and Fan Favorite! Remember, The Heater category includes acts are burning up the charts. It's up to you to set them on fire. And the Fan Favorite puts two TeenNick favorites head-to-head each week -- YOU decide to takes the crown!
Catch up with former Fresh Artist Echosmith (one of this year's HALO Awards performers!) as they stop by the Top 10 studios to talk about their hit song "Cool Kids" and they're crazy experiences on your! And if you haven't already, read up on our current Fresh Artist, the lovable Betty Who!
Friday, 10pm ET. See you there.
- Posted on 11/07/2014 by TeenNickBlogger
TeenNick Top 10 fans, you're just going to have to bear this double negative because there is quite literally nothing not to love about our Fresh Artist, Betty Who. Instantly recognizable with her platinum blonde coiff and easy-breezy pop songs ("Somebody Loves You" has been on repeat since Tuesday...), Betty Who is bliss in a bottle.
We caught up with the Australian songstress to chat about her debut album, her classical past and her budding career so far. Check out our exclusive interview below!
1. After releasing several EPs, how does it feel to have your debut full length album out?
It's honestly such a relief, it's been such a long time in the making, I'm just so ecstatic to finally have it be done!
2. You have a background as a classical cellist. That's so awesome! Has that training influenced your music in anyway?
Yes I think it definitely influenced me. I think I started writing music so early because of my classical training and background. It also influences my ideas of melody I think. Some of my favourite melodies I've ever heard come from my favourite symphonies.
3. What are you looking forward to most about going on tour with Katy Perry?
I honestly am just excited about watching her show and hanging out in Australia, it's been such a long time since I've been home so that's definitely a plus.
4. Where do you draw inspiration for your songwriting? Does inspiration come to you spontaneously?
It definitely comes from experiences. Sometimes maybe I'll have a conversation with somebody and I'll walk away thinking about what they said and I'll say to myself "I have to go write that down right now."
5. What is one accomplishment or milestone so far in your career that makes you particularly proud?
Being on The View was pretty cool... I think playing a sold out show at Irving plaza this month, though, is definitely something that is up there and will be forever.
RAPID FIRE QUESTIONS
And now, the rapid fire round! We asked Betty Who a series of silly questions, and here are the first things that came to mind!
If you want to catch more of Betty Who, head over to the TeenNick Top 10 page! And don't forget to tune in tonight at 10pm ET!
- Posted on 11/05/2014 by TeenNickBlogger
We know you've been waiting. We know you've been missing your favorite countdown of today's hottest music videos. And we know you're ready for a new season TeenNick Top 10!
Consider your wish granted, music fans, because TeenNick Top 10 is BACK! And we're not talking just new episodes with a countdown of fresh music videos carefully put together by our host-with-the-most, Nick Cannon. We've got two brand-new voting categories that are sure to put your fan skillz to the test.
Here's how it works: It's up to you to VOTE and tell us which video is going to be named one of two major titles.
First up, we've got The Heater: These acts are burning up the charts and may just be the next big thing. Can they count on you to jump-start their stardom?
And then there's Fan Favorite: Two videos enter, but only one can be your fave. It's time to gather your fan armies and battle it out!
And what would a Top 10 episode be without some celebrity guests? Join the Degrassi cast and our latest Fresh Artist, Betty Who for some fun in the TeenNick Top 10 studio!
Friday, 10pm ET. You don't want to miss it.
- Posted on 10/14/2014 by TeenNickBlogger
TeenNick Top 10 fans, it's time to get pumped. This Friday on TeenNick Top 10, we're kicking it up a notch with a fresh countdown of high-energy, mood-boosting songs that are sure to give an extra edge over the competition.
Plus, pop superstar on-the-rise Charli XCX and Top 10 favorites American Authors will swing by the TeenNick Top 10 studio!
But that's not all! We're gonna meet some awesome student athletes who tell us all about what gets them amped up to play. You won't want to miss it! Friday, 10pm ET. Be there.
- Posted on 10/13/2014 by TeenNickBlogger
Credit: Getty Images
Let's face it: there's no more "easing into" the school year. The syllabi have been read, the tests have been scheduled and the studying is about to commence. We know all too well the the alluring (but oh-so dangerous) rabbit hole of internet and its ability to yank our productivity. But with these few study break ideas, you'll get the energy and reprieve you need without wasting time watching kitten videos! Check 'em out.
1. Go for a walk. Even if it's just a lap around the library, get the blood flowing. We promise, not only will you feel energized, but that great thesis statement may just pop in your head mid-step!
2. Paint your nails. So what if you're not a master manicurist? Painting your nails can be the perfect combination of a soothing and a self-pampering brain break. Step away from the small print textbook, and give your pretty paws a little love.
3. Have a snack. Trail mix and sliced apples with peanut butter are snackable gifts to the universe. Take advantage of the satisfying, stimulating, healthy snacks. Or if you're looking to reward yourself for a solid few hours of hard work, fill up your favorite mug with hot chocolate and tiny marshmallows for a perfect (almost) cold-weather treat.
4. Buy a coloring book. Don't you miss the days when your biggest concern was coloring in the lines? Take a break with this mindless, but still creative activity.
5. Have a dance party. Gather a few of your friends for a mental shakedown with your favorite energizing songs. If you need a little help finding some pump-up tunes, we've got a few TeenNick Top 10-approved suggestions for you.
What will you be doing to take a break while you study? Let us know your tips and tricks in the comments!
- Posted on 09/05/2014 by TeenNickBlogger
Credit: Andrew Zaeh
If you aren't already smitten by singer-songwriter Shawn Mendes, brace yourself. The Vine-star-turned-superstar-on-the-rise has stolen the hearts of many (in under six seconds, no less!) and is about to break out in a major way. We caught up with our brand new Fresh Artist to get exclusive details about his life on tour with Austin Mahone and The Vamps, his biggest influences, and so much more!
1. Congratulations on all of your recent success! What is a day in the life of Shawn Mendes like right now?
Wake up on a tour bus in a new city every day, find the nearest shower, head to radio station to say "Hello," grab some food, then meet some fans, then hit the stage. :-)
2. What was the inspiration behind your hit song "Life of the Party"?
The song is inspired by the feeling of not fitting in or not being comfortable with who you are. The lyrics basically say that you should be yourself and that you can be amazing regardless of whether you feel you fit in or not.
3. What's it like being on tour with TeenNick faves Austin Mahone and the Vamps? Has anything crazy or funny happened during your time together?
It's awesome and everyone is just so chill and relaxed and having a good time. We're always cracking jokes with each other behind stage. I'd say the craziest moment was getting chased by 400 fans at one of the first shows.
4. When you started recording covers on Vine and YouTube, did you ever think your music would spread as much as it has?
I really didn't think it would, I kind of just started doing it because I loved posting covers and then it just spiraled into this crazy thing as I kept posting. It's really beyond my expectations.
5. What do you think about the power of connecting with people in a six-second video?
It's so cool because in six seconds you have to really find something special in a song and impress people a lot to connect with them. I think that's been a big thing for me and my fans connecting.
6. Who are your biggest musical influences?
Definitely Ed Sheeran, Justin Timberlake, just how he holds himself and such, and Bruno Mars is such an unbelievable performer.
RAPID FIRE QUESTIONS
And now, the rapid fire round! We asked Shawn a series of silly questions, and here are the first things that came to mind!
If you want to catch more of Shawn, head over to the TeenNick Top 10 page! And don't forget to tune in tonight at 10pm ET!