TeenNick Top 10 Fresh Artist Interview: 5 Seconds of Summer
You know that anywhere, anytime music that just puts you in a good mood no matter what? Well, Aussie pop-punk band 5 Seconds of Summer are pretty much the poster boys for that kind of feel-good vibe. And chances are, you've already come across (and subsequently played on repeat) 5SOS's mega-hit "She Looks So Perfect." But we're here to tell you that Luke, Michael, Calum and Ashton are only getting started.
We caught up with our new Fresh Artist to learn a little more about their debut album which drops July 22nd, their experience on tour with One Direction, and the ultimate question: Boxers, briefs or tighty whities?
1. From your hit single "She Looks So Perfect" to your TV debut on the Billboard Music Awards, we can imagine the past few months of your career have been quite the whirlwind. What is the biggest difference in your lives right now compared to a year or two ago?
It's been a whirlwind! Four hours sleep a night, lots of air miles, lots of new cultures. Our love for touring remains the same, and we cannot wait to be back in America!
2. Your songs are very lyrically driven and clever. If you had to choose one line from one of your songs as your favorite, which would it be and why?
If Hollywood could see me now
I'd get the starring role
But they won't so I'll just keep on acting a fool
From "Heartache on the Big Screen"
3. Having been on tour with One Direction, what have you learned from the band that has helped you with your own career?
They work so hard, and have shown us that by working hard you can achieve big things no matter where you are from.
4. What is one of the craziest things a fan has ever done for you?
[One fan] bought us a star. It was called the A155 Star in the Milky Way...
5. Your debut album drops in July! In three words, can you describe what fans can expect from the album?
High energy rock!
6. And finally, what is one thing in America that you wish you had in Australia?
RAPID FIRE QUESTIONS
And now, the rapid fire round! We asked 5 Seconds of Summer's Ashton Irwin a series of silly questions, and here are the first things that came to mind!
If you want to catch more of these guys, head over to the TeenNick Top 10 page! And don't forget to tune in this Friday at 10pm ET!