TeenNick Top 10 Fresh Artist Interview: Rixton
If you've never heard of Rixton, let us enlighten you: The four-piece pop-punk outfit comprised of Jake, Danny, Charley, and Lewi, hail from Manchester, UK and have a sunny sound that is every bit roll-your-windows-down and cry-your-eyes-out good.
The guys came on to the scene with a viral video for their song "Make Out" which parodied a few iconic videos (oh, you know, from like Katy Perry, Rihanna, and Miley Cyrus) but they're about to make some serious waves all on their own. Each of the four lads sings, they all play instruments, and they've got personality for DAYS. Check out our exclusive Q&A with the latest Fresh Artist below!
1. If you had to describe your sound in three words that begin with the letter "S" what would they be?
Sexy. Sultry. Super.
2. Every single member of the band sings. How do you think that sets you apart from other acts? Have you ever done an impromptu a cappella performance?
It shows our overall musicality. One of the songs on our album is a capella.
3. What was it like opening up for Justin Bieber at Brooklyn's Barclays Center with just 24 hours' notice? Did you even have time to get nervous?
It was mad!
4. What is one moment so far in your career that's made you wonder, "How did we get here?"
We met Tom Hanks and Will Smith recently. We all look up to those men and being in their presence was immense!
5. In addition to your original music, you've made a name for yourself on YouTube with brilliant covers of popular songs. Of the famous artists you've covered, with whom would you like to collaborate most?
We'd love to work with Drake.
6. The last question's for Lewi: You're rarely seen without your backpack on, so what's in it?
You'll never know!
RAPID FIRE QUESTIONS
And now, the rapid fire round! We asked Rixton a series of silly questions, and here's the first thing that came to mind!
If you want to catch more of these guys, head over to the TeenNick Top 10 page! And don't forget to tune in this Friday at 10PM ET!