- Posted on 04/26/2011 by Mary
- Posted on 04/25/2011 by Mary
You probably smelled weird, guzzled way too much gas, and your repairs were no doubt frequent, costly, and time-consuming -- not to mention the whole "eugh" factor of your uh, former job...
But you were a goodly little (big) hearse, and we will miss your presence on Degrassi.
Fare thee well, old friend (and I do mean OLD), as you join all those other dearly departed whom you used to ferry to their final resting places.
Morty, Clare, and Eli, in happier times, on Degrassi
Please add any words of remembrance you'd like to share in the comments.
- Posted on 04/23/2011 by Lisa
"You scare me, Eli. I can't be around you." I just rewatched this scene, and it still upsets me:
If you don't see a video above this sentence, click here to watch it.
The moment when Clare realizes that Eli crashed Morty for her is so disturbing. (The idea that Eli thought an awesome, self-confident, intelligent girl like Clare would be impressed by that shows how messed up in the head he is right now, doesn't it?) And when he grabbed her arm, I felt terrified for her.
Do you think Eli will get help? Or is he headed to an even scarier place? I guess we'll find out this summer...
- Posted on 04/23/2011 by Mary
Next month, Buffy hits TeenNick.
Either that sentence gave you heart palpitations of super-stokedness (as it did for me and Lisa), or you are one of the luckiest people on Earth... because you're about to discover one of the best TV shows.
BTVS is coming to TeenNick in May
- Posted on 04/22/2011 by Lisa
Here's a list of the songs from Drop the World, pt. 2:
"Head Over Heels" by Digital Daggers
Check the Degrassi page for a sample.
"Shake Suga Shake" by Codi Jordan
"Running" by The Jefferson
"Ignite" by Ali Pierre
"Stupid Boy" by Lisha Cash
"A Little Bit (reloaded)" by Alexz Johnson
"Big Love" by Parlovr
"Don't Be Deceived" by Philip LaRue
- Posted on 04/22/2011 by Mary
SPOILAGE BELOW. Click here to watch the full "Drop the World, pt. 2" episode before reading any further!
Clare reacts to Eli on Degrassi: In Too Deep, Drop the World pt. 2
1) Well... those of us lucky enough not to get the finale spoiled for us sure did get a scare tonight... what did you think??
2) I know some people were feeling kind of anti-Clare because of her pulling away from Eli... but you've gotta admit, staying with someone out of fear for how they'll handle it probably is a horrible basis for a relationship. Given how unstable Eli was in these last two episodes... do you think Clare Clare really could have stayed with him?
3) I have to admit I kind of didn't get why Anya was so insistent that Holly J needed to know about Fiona's crush on her. Obviously spilling the beans behind her back was not the best Friend Move ever, but... do you think Anya was right that Holly J needed to know about the crush?
4) How would you handle it (or have you handled it) if someone whom you loved as a friend -- but whom you could never be romantically interested in -- had a crush on you?
5) You know, for some reason it only dawned on me in this episode, as I was wondering why Bianca was at the "bachelor party" -- Bianca has zero female friends. Unless those other girls in the background of the scene were friends of hers. I know some girls just prefer guys as friends... would you be comfortable at a party where you were the only girl/guy?
6) Eeeeee Degrassi's coming back this summer! High five!
- Posted on 04/21/2011 by Lisa
If you can't possibly wait till tomorrow to see the first scene of Drop the World, pt. 2... here you go.
If you were Clare, how bad would you be freaking out right now?
Watch the rest, FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9pm ET!
- Posted on 04/21/2011 by Mary
We asked you to Show Us Your Degrassi... check out some of the Degrassi-tastic stuff you sent in!
journeySinger made an entire Degrassi: Whatever It Takes board game, SO EPIC! It starts at Degrassi and ends at Toronto U, and you collect "plot lines" along the way, and, "There's a spot on the board for a Coyne toss. Get it?" (And the coin is a Canadian penny!) Check journeySinger's profile for more pictures! I<3degrassi &eli clare synthesized the current state of all of the Degrassi love quadrangles and pentagons into this handy schematic. So convenient! Our very own quizzer and blogger Lisa made a pair of crafty Degrassi shoes. Nee is a prolific Show Us Your Degrassi-er... on her profile, there are sketches of many Degrassi characters plus two different collages on her walls (next to all her Harry Potter stuff, but of course). ClocheDoux made this "Incarnations of Degrassi" graphic, drawing the parallels between season 3 and season 10 characters. So much to discuss here... such as Craig being currently incarnated as Fiona and Eli! And Paige being a little bit Bianca, a little bit Holly J. I'm sure there's much for fans to debate here... And alyx_withay drew this portrait of Wesley / Spencer Van Wyck looking ever so wide-eyed and sweet, like Wesley always does.
- Posted on 04/20/2011 by Mary
(If you can't see the video above these words, click here to watch.
Here, write this on your hand before your next first date... priceless dating advice from Munro Chambers:
Don't be creep.
Have you anything to add to the list?
- Posted on 04/20/2011 by Mary
Would Degrassi's Charlotte Arnold (aka Holly J) ever consider dating a fan? And what's the "Sunshine Lounge"? Find out in part 2 of her photo shoot interview:
(If you can't see the video above these words, click here to watch.)
What about you... would you date a Degrassi fan? ;)