- Posted on 03/31/2011 by Mary
Sneak a peek! Fiona is officially an inpatient rehab graduate, feeling confident and ready to face the world -- even her Bobby trial. But her mom says those four dreaded words...
"We need to talk." Ruh roh.
Do you guys think Fiona has it in her to stay strong throughout this trial?
- Posted on 03/30/2011 by Mary
After a day on set at Degrassi going through Riley's intense and emotionally draining storylines... does Argy take his work home with him? Find out in part two of his photo shoot interview:
I love when he talks about how part of his training in acting is just to stand back and observe. Do you ever just do some people watching at your own school? Care to share any observations you've made?
Argiris Karras as Riley Stavros on Degrassi
- Posted on 03/29/2011 by Mary
"I don't like you like that, and I probably never will." - ???
Ouch! Who do you think is shutting down whom this Friday on Degrassi?
- Posted on 03/28/2011 by Lisa
Need another reason to watch the Kids' Choice Awards? Two Degrassi cast members will be there -- Munro Chambers (Eli) and Aislinn Paul (Clare)!
Your best bet for spotting them is to watch the orange carpet pre-show on Nick.com, starting at 7pm on Saturday. Nick.com will have all sorts of access you won't see on-air (they can't fit everything on TV), so keep an eye on your computer monitor during the show.
Here's a rundown of everything that'll be happening on Nick.com on Saturday.
Btw, if you see a tall girl on the orange carpet with bright pink hair, that's me! If everything goes as planned, I'll be at the KCAs writing live updates for Nick.com during the show. I know I'll see all sorts of celebs that day, but since I'm a Degrassi fan, I'm most excited about Munro and Aislinn! I hope we get a photo together. :)
Aislinn and Munro will pose for a pic with me, right?
- Posted on 03/28/2011 by Mary
So Fiona's coming back from rehab this week... but her problems haven't disappeared.
Fiona in Degrassi: In Too Deep "Chasing Pavements, Pt. 1"
Do you think Fiona will be strong enough to handle facing Bobby without turning to alcohol again?
Oh and someone else is going to be dusting off her old Degrassi uniform too... check the whole flipbook to see who!
- Posted on 03/27/2011 by Mary
Aww, Coach Armstrong has been on/at Degrassi for ten years! Ten years of puttin' up with kids spreading rumors about him being inappropriate with Liberty; gettin' his car keyed; dealin' with star basketball players on mushrooms... and of course, teaching math.
Here's to Coach Armstrong. May he someday retire happily to Hawaii on a fat pension.
Coach Armstrong, dispensing no-nonsense advice with the appropriate level of detachment on Degrassi
Who's your favorite Degrassi faculty member of all time? Drop it in the comments!
- Posted on 03/26/2011 by Mary
I know it's not funny... because Holly J is really really sick.
But... I mean...
What's the MOST embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you? That you're willing to post in the comments? I'll go:
I peed the bed at camp one summer. But even better... I was in my FRIEND's bunk bed at the time, because we had switched bunks for the night. So, I peed on HER sheets. Which was that much more awesome.
- Posted on 03/26/2011 by Mary
Yeah... I'll admit it. That looks like fun.
Let's all keep in mind that this is the face making up one half of that scene, too. Yeah.
Ryan Rottman, aka Joey on Gigantic, aka yeah.
- Posted on 03/25/2011 by Mary
Here's info on all of this week's Gigantic and Degrassi songs (including Degrassi music supervisor commentary -- all the quotes in italics).
"Cleo's Song / Years" by JBM
From the scenes where Sav tells Alli he has her back, and where the Bhandaris all agree to communicate better.
Check the Degrassi page for a sample.
" JBM really touched us; the entire album, Not Even In July is a heartfelt symphony of emotion, and it carried beautifully to television. These songs appear in the show in reverse order: on the album, the beautiful musical masterpiece 'Years' is followed by the nostalgic sadness of 'Cleo's Song'. There were moments in Alli's dad's speech where 'Years' hit everything at just the right moment, lifted the scene, lowered it, sent shivers down your spine. These songs mark a truly beautiful moment in Degrassi history, a moment of change, acceptance and honest love."
"Write It All Down for You" by Elliott Brood
From when Holly J is visiting her own personal pharmacy in her locker.
" We've always been big Elliott Brood fans, a great Canadian act that has built itself a strong fanbase and solid reputation over the years. It's a lyrically powerful song, but this moment was more musical than lyrical, hitting all the right drums, shouting all the right tones for the scene."
"Pogo" by Eternal Summers
Take a wild guess which scene this was in.
"When it came time to spot this episode, we couldn't help but think of the song 'Pogo' for Wesley's pogo scene. It was one of those times when the song appeared out of nowhere, just in the nick of time, and was so crazy that it actually worked!"
- "Happily Ever" by Wil Seabrook - you can hear a sample over on the Gigantic page
- Posted on 03/25/2011 by Mary
LOOK OUT, SPOILERS BELOW for those who missed out on the awesomeness. (Here's the full ep so you can be like the rest of us.) But if you've seen it, let's get chatty.
Holly J fell down went boom on Degrassi. She has a boo boo in her kidneys.
1) It's a good thing I never ran away because I have a feeling I'd fare just about as well as Alli -- I would totally try to ask someone for "Runaway 101" tips and end up getting jacked.
2) If your parents wanted your whole family to go to therapy together... would you be into it?
3) UP TOP, WESLEY! What do you guys think of Hannah? And should we call them Wannah? Weslah? I think I like Wannah. Anyway, a round of applause for a sweet guy finding a lovely girl. clap clap clap clap clap
4) You know what? It's interesting that Holly J didn't try to sabotage Chantay, since they were competing at that work study. It seems like the HJ of even a season ago totally would have. (It's also interesting that so many people out there speculated that Holly J might have diabetes, since it did turn out to be her kidneys... even if she got there in a really roundabout way.)
5) Also, who else here is guilty of totally trying to put off dealing with being sick because you were like "I don't have TIME to be sick." /me sighs, raises hand.